Fall get together before the snow flies?

Camping in Ontario & Quebec and the Central Canadian Chapter of TearJerkers

Fall get together before the snow flies?

Postby SlyTerry » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:38 pm

Any of the teardroppers in Ontario be interested in getting together for a meet and great weekend? We live an hour east of TO but within 3 hours of everywhere else. If your interested in trying to do this then email us and include where you live and where you would like to get together and we'll see what we come up with. If all else fails you can all come to Brighton and camp in my yard (12 acres with about 5 acres of mowed lawn). We have Presquille Provincial park 12 minutes away, world class golf course across the street, Sandbanks is an hour away and we have a Beer store and Liquor store. Any takers email me @ :thumbsup: [email protected]
SlyTerry
Teardrop Master

Postby Nitroxjunkie71 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:42 pm

That would give me a reason too get up to Port Dover and visit Scruton Marine, a place I have wanted too go to for years. http://www.scrutonmarine.com/
But, I don't know if me or my truck can handle an extra thousand pounds of Great Lakes Freighter anchor chain. :cry:
Jeff
Image Image Image
The Deepest spot in Lake Superior, the largest of the Great Lakes is 1,333 feet or about 222 fathoms. This profound depth could easily contain the entire 1,250' Empire State Building, even with a 50-foot-tall King Kong perched atop.
Nitroxjunkie71
cargotrlrman

Location: Originally from Battle Creek Michigan, I now reside in Greenfield Indiana

I am up for it

Postby Yoyoman » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:36 pm

I would be interested in a gettogether let me know.
Or is it already too late. :cry:
We could always practice for the polar dip :thinking:

Norbert
All grown-ups were children first.
(But few remember it).
by "The Little Prince"
Yoyoman
Teardrop Builder

Postby jawbone » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:51 pm

Me to - we just got back from our "big" trip - down to Nashville, Indiana - rained like crazy - no leaks - now I'm a happy camper. The "Towed Abode" created quite a stir.
Blues, The Whole Blues and Nuthin' But the Blues
jawbone
Teardrop Master

Postby Micro469 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:38 pm

I want to take the trailer out one more time this year. I asked Geri if she wanted to go camping last weekend in September to Presquille..... and she said "sure".....but with a funny look on her face....... :lol:

We'll have to see... If I do go out it will be to Presquille from the 26 to the 28, unless the weather is real bad, then it will be a complete wash out....or a very short trip. I'll keep you updated...... :roll:
John
Micro469
Super Lifetime Member

Postby jawbone » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:59 pm

Hey John - If I have my wood cutting well under way by then, Brenda and I may be looking to take one more trip (weather permitting) Keep us posted when the date gets closer - are you guys into hiking at all? - jawbone
jawbone
Teardrop Master

Postby Micro469 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:07 pm

I just asked my wife again if she wants to go camping on the Sept.27th weekend and she said"sure". So I just reserved site 28, High Bluffs campground at Presquille from Friday to Sunday. There are about nine sites around there that are suitable for small trailers, so anybody wants to join me .... Feel free. I plan to spend most of the weekend walking around the area (with a bum ankle), and maybe a trip into town to see the sites. A nice steak BBQ on Saturday night, and then back home Sunday Afternoon.....Then the tear goes into storage till next year.

:thumbsup:
John
Micro469
Super Lifetime Member

Postby jawbone » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:47 pm

Hey John - My tractor just crapped out today :cry: :x so depending how badly this affects my woodcutting!!!???? I cut about 8 bush cord each year, and each year it seems to take longer and the wood seems heavier. But we will try to make it (weather permitting) I'll check in closer to launch!
jawbone
Teardrop Master

Postby SlyTerry » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:42 pm

Just to let you guys and gals know that the weekend your staying at Presquille is the Applefest Weekend. It is the biggest weekend of the entire year for Brighton with the Main street closed to traffic and with a parade, bands, beer tent etc.... It is fun and if the weather holds it makes for a great day... Just thought I would let you know.

Terry

[email protected]
SlyTerry
Teardrop Master

Camping at Presquile

Postby Yoyoman » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:57 am

Hi
I just booked campsite #31 Sep 26 to 28 I will be coming with my 8 year old son.

Norbert
(But few remember it).
by "The Little Prince"
Yoyoman
Teardrop Builder

Re: Camping at Presquile

Postby Micro469 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:49 pm

Yoyoman wrote:Hi
I just booked campsite #31 Sep 26 to 28 I will be coming with my 8 year old son.

Norbert

Glad to have you..... That makes two of us........ :lol:
John
Micro469
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Micro469 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:52 pm

SlyTerry wrote:Just to let you guys and gals know that the weekend your staying at Presquille is the Applefest Weekend. It is the biggest weekend of the entire year for Brighton with the Main street closed to traffic and with a parade, bands, beer tent etc.... It is fun and if the weather holds it makes for a great day... Just thought I would let you know.

Terry

[email protected]

Kool... We were going to see Brighton on saturday anyway..... this will make it so much more fun...
:thumbsup:
John
Micro469
Super Lifetime Member

Postby jawbone » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:52 pm

Two of you??? Hey, what about me??? :lol: My tractors up and running so the wood cutting's moving right along, so things are looking better!! :applause:
jawbone
Teardrop Master

Looking for a tadpole tour....

Postby Yoyoman » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:57 pm

Hi Terry;

Would it be possible on the weekend to get a tour of your setup.
I would really like to see a tadpole trailer up close. And I would also be interested in buying one or two tailgators. I would like to see them up close first.
Would you be interested in offering a "factory tour" maybe on Friday or Saturday after the parade? :)

Norbert
(But few remember it).
by "The Little Prince"
Yoyoman
Teardrop Builder

Applefest Weekend Get Together

Postby SlyTerry » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:20 am

Hey folks, I just booked Site#29 for Saturday - right smack in the middle of "you all" :applause:

SLY (Terry's Better Half)
SlyTerry
Teardrop Master

Next

Return to Ontario & Quebec, Canada