Warsaw Caves Conservation area - Aug. 7, 8 & 9

Camping in Ontario & Quebec and the Central Canadian Chapter of TearJerkers

Postby Micro469 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:13 pm

SlyTerry wrote:Are they Peaches and Cream :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Sissy corn......Good old fashioned cow corn is the best!!!! :R
John
Micro469
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Micro469 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:16 pm

I make a mean Potato Salad......Don't worry... I'll make sure the mayonaise stays real cold...... heck, the last thing I want is to be sick on a camping trip...... :thumbsup:
John
Micro469
Super Lifetime Member

Postby jawbone » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:42 pm

Man - This is gonna be good!!! :applause: :thumbsup: :o
Blues, The Whole Blues and Nuthin' But the Blues
jawbone
Teardrop Master

Postby SlyTerry » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:01 pm

Hell John if you can eat cow corn just how mean is your potato salad... Guess you need iron pipes for this one :lol: :lol: :lol: Still laugh when I think about you floating downstream noodling for mudcats... BTW gang we have a delivery to make this weekend so Friday night unfortunately is going to be a scratch for SlyTerry but we will see you Saturday....then once again I can explain why I joined the human race and apologize all over again :R :R :R
SlyTerry
Teardrop Master

Postby Micro469 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:31 pm

O.K. I'll be the first to post. The weekend was beautifull, and the company was GREAT!! We missed Slyterry.......
Woke up on Sunday morning and it had rained a bit during the night. Still managed to have breakfast and pack everything away in the dry spell. Said my good-byes and drove out of the conservation area. As soon as I hit the road, all hell broke loose and it poured all the way home. Got home and it had stopped raining.... managed to get everything out, dry, and packed away for good. Found out that my doors leak.... need more weatherstripping.....

All in all... a great weekend!!! Thanks Guys!!(and Gals!!)

Pictures here.....http://www.flickr.com/photos/jvdp/sets/72157622005218464/
John
Micro469
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Micro469 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:32 pm

Jawbone... I'm missing my green coffee mug. Did you pick it up by any chance??

:worship:
John
Micro469
Super Lifetime Member

Postby jawbone » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:45 pm

You mean my new favourite cup, the one I've been using when I'm out busking on the street corner, playing for change, the one that seems to bring in more money than any other that I have used.... no, haven't seen it...... I'm pretty sure it's not that one with all the quarters and loonies in it...... :applause: :lol: 8) Yeah, I got it!!!! I'll keep it warm and safe 'til next time. You left it on the picnic table (what did you have for breakfast???? was that some of that wacky gruel???) :? :shock: :?
Blues, The Whole Blues and Nuthin' But the Blues
jawbone
Teardrop Master

Postby Micro469 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:06 pm

jawbone wrote:You mean my new favourite cup, the one I've been using when I'm out busking on the street corner, playing for change, the one that seems to bring in more money than any other that I have used.... no, haven't seen it...... I'm pretty sure it's not that one with all the quarters and loonies in it...... :applause: :lol: 8) Yeah, I got it!!!! I'll keep it warm and safe 'til next time. You left it on the picnic table (what did you have for breakfast???? was that some of that wacky gruel???) :? :shock: :?

Yeah, I ran out of milk... Tastes purty good with a couple of shots of whisky in it..... :lol:
John
Micro469
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Micro469 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:14 pm

Just a little more info... Sorry Norm... I didn't get a shot of your setup.. Oh well, pull one out of the archives, I'm sure it will look the same.. except for the new awning. :thumbsup: We had a group supper on Saturday night ..Norm brought corn, Jawbone brought burgers, Sandy made a great chocolate cherry cake in his DO, there was salads, pastries, potato salad, and goodness knows what else. Every body ate like pigs and there was still food left over....GOOD TIMES!!!! :thumbsup: :D
John
Micro469
Super Lifetime Member

Postby SlyTerry » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:38 pm

Really sorry we missed it. :cry: :cry: :cry: Somehow it always looks like people have a great time when teardrops gather...But we had a customers trailer to complete and such is the joys of being self employed. Maybe next time guys ...stay in touch and stay having fun... :applause:
SlyTerry
Teardrop Master

Postby Norm » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:46 pm

Good pictures there John. We finished tying the kayaks down just as the sky opened up. Rained till we reached Belleville.
So, when is the next outing :twisted: :twisted:

Norm & Jeanne
Norm
Teardrop Master

Warsaw Caves

Postby whitby guy » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:30 pm

John:
Thanks for posting the pics. I agree, it was a great weekend. Good company makes up for bad weather every time. Looking forward to the next outing.
Sandy
nothing is foolproof..to a sufficiently talented fool
If everything is under control, you're not driving fast enough
whitby guy
Teardrop Master

blew axle---bearing that is.

Postby Yoyoman » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:27 pm

Micro469 wrote:
jawbone wrote:Actually Yoyoman blew the axle on his trailer and has had it replaced so he's up an running again but his is busy that weekend. c'est la vie.

So, How did he blow the axle? And where? When?... :thinking:

Middle of July,
Matt and I were traveling around Pelee Island and along Lake Erie to Niagara Falls. Just as we were heading into Port Dover the right rear wheel started smoking. I pulled over. The damage was done. The bearing had seperated clear of the axle. We camped on this nice guys front lawn.
A cop came by and inspected everything. The next morning CAA towed the trailer home. We continued on to MarineLand...I promised.

Found www.cerka.ca in Milton. You can get a new axle with hubs and taxes for $125.00 They custom build. It took a week. Cheaper than princes auto or the local RV dealer.
I went to Oshkosh Wisconsin for the big aviation spectacle at the end of July. Stayed for a week with the trailer worked like a charm.

Norbert
All grown-ups were children first.
(But few remember it).
by "The Little Prince"
Yoyoman
Teardrop Builder

Previous

Return to Ontario & Quebec, Canada