Spring Plans 2013

Camping in Ontario & Quebec and the Central Canadian Chapter of TearJerkers

Re: Spring Plans 2013

Postby GlamperGirl » Tue May 14, 2013 6:41 pm

Firefly - Hannah is a Pudelpointer ... versatile hunting dog breed(retrieves, flushes, points). She was trained to hunt but is gun shy so would not make a good gun dog but she is great for us and loves to camp and travel in the truck.She tends to be skittery around people she does not know so it is good exposure when we meet up with the tear dropping gang. Here is another picture of her:
"Not all who wander are lost."
J.R.R. Tolkien
GlamperGirl
Teardrop Advisor

Re: Spring Plans 2013

Postby whitby guy » Thu May 16, 2013 7:10 pm

Thanks for posting the pictures Glampergirl, and thanks to you and Andy for making the arduous trek through TO on a wet Friday. Great to see you guys again, and Hannah the wonder dog (I'll have to remember treats next time to try to win her over). From the feedback at home, we had much nicer weather than Toronto. Still a great weekend getaway no matter the weather...the tear was cozy warm with only body heat, didn't have to resort to the space heater.

As for how the informal dessert contest went, I think the kids voted with their stomachs, and the brownies were the favourites. Something about cooking over a fire makes everything taste better (all that fresh air might be sharpening the apatite a bit too). Elora thinks I cook better at camp than at home...kids!

The park was beautiful, but unfortunately I was able to see a small part of it...did the Sandstone Island hike with the kids but never got the chance to wet the kayak. Gives me an excuse to go back again.

Looking forward to Elora Gorge next weekend (and Fish Creek after that).

Yeah!!...the camping season has begun

Sandy
nothing is foolproof..to a sufficiently talented fool
If everything is under control, you're not driving fast enough
whitby guy
Teardrop Master

Previous

Return to Ontario & Quebec, Canada