Fall Camping in August

Camping in Ontario & Quebec and the Central Canadian Chapter of TearJerkers

Fall Camping in August

Postby whitby guy » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:10 am

Hi all.
Now that the fall weather is here (thank you global warming conspiritists), just sending out a reminder of the upcoming Bon Echo camping (not my event, just passing the word) on the August 22/24 weekend.
Small group getting together in the Sawmill Bay sites of Bon Echo...I'm on site 82. All welcome to stop by and complain about the weather/government/work etc. while enjoying a cool one. That's what I'll be doing.

Now is always a great time to camp in Ontario.

Sandy
nothing is foolproof..to a sufficiently talented fool
If everything is under control, you're not driving fast enough
whitby guy
Teardrop Master

Re: Fall Camping in August

Postby working on it » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:29 am

ENVY !!! The predicted high temperature at Bon Echo Provincial Park is 70 degrees on Saturday, whereas the predicted high at one of our nearby State Parks (Cleburne, site of my next trip...thankfully not this month!) is 102 degrees. Even with A/C, that's a little warmer than I would like to camp in. But, once I really get into this camping thing (slow to resume after 35 years), then I'll take whatever Mother Nature throws at me. But, with no insulation, I doubt I would camp in Ontario in the winter. Enjoy your good weather!
2013 HHRv "squareback/squaredrop", rugged, 4x8 TTT, 2225 lbs
  • *3500 lb Dexter EZ-Lube braked axle, 3000 lb.springs, active-progressive bumpstop suspension
  • *27 x 8.5-14LT AT tires (x 3) *Weight Distribution system for single-beam tongue
  • *100% LED's & GFCI outlets, 3x fans, AM/FM/CD/Aux. *A/C & heat, Optima AGM, inverter & charger(s)
  • *extended-run, on-board, 2500w generator *Coleman dual-fuel stove & lantern, Ikea grill, vintage skillet
  • *zinc/stainless front & side racks *98"L x 6" diameter rod & reel carrier tube on roof
working on it
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby jawbone » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:44 pm

Hey Sandy - We were down in Indiana - Oh Man, Hotter than the hubs and three torrential rainfalls. What a week !!!
Blues, The Whole Blues and Nuthin' But the Blues
jawbone
Teardrop Master

Postby Verna » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:39 am

Ahhh, but if you don't like the weather in Indiana, just wait a while, it will change. Forecasted lows for the weekend is in the lower 60's. The thunderstorms will
be over this morning.
Verna
Indianapolis, IN
Verna
Gold Donating Member

Return to Ontario & Quebec, Canada