Finding Old Friends

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Finding Old Friends

Postby KCStudly » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:24 am

Does anybody here have a subscription to any of those people locator/background check online services? If so which one do you prefer and how good are the results? Like Nuwber, Whitepages, 411, some of the family tree search engines, etc.

I have been trying to locate an old high school friend but haven't had much luck with the info that I have been able to get without ponying up for a subscription.

If you do have one and would like to help, please PM me and I will tell you the story behind my request.

Thanks.
KC
My Build: The Poet Creek Express Hybrid Foamie

Poet Creek Or Bust
Engineering the TLAR way - "That Looks About Right"
TnTTT ORIGINAL 200A LANTERN CLUB = "The 200A Gang"
Green Lantern Corpsmen
KCStudly
Donating Member

Re: Finding Old Friends

Postby GPW » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:57 am

Try FaceBook ... Not only will you find old friends and family , You also find you really don’t like them anymore .... hahahaha :o True !!!
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby KCStudly » Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:35 am

Did that. Although I have tried all of the variations of names that I know, apparently this person and family are not active in social media, at least not that I have been able to find.

In retrospect this seems odd because the hints that my other searches have shown do have familial associations, so I know I'm looking for the right person and my guess is they get these associations from social media, so I'm not sure why I haven't found them that way.

Another problem I've had is that, although a couple of the phone numbers I found went to voice mail (I got no replies), they both seemed to be the generic providers default greeting, so I suspect the land lines aren't used or checked anymore, since everyone seems to use cell phones these days.

I tried the high school alumni links but that was very fruitless. Of the thousands of people that pass thru the school system only a very few sign up.
KC

Poet Creek Or Bust
Green Lantern Corpsmen
KCStudly
Donating Member

Postby KCStudly » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:05 pm

Well, one of those phone messages paid off and I just had a nice long chat with my old friend. What a blast from the past!
KC

Poet Creek Or Bust
Green Lantern Corpsmen
KCStudly
Donating Member

Return to General Discussion