Muddy boots

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Muddy boots

Postby QueticoBill » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:34 am

So I have grasped a lot about living out of a teardrop, and appreciate the design of the typical tear probably wants to opening the door(s), sitting on the mattress to remove footware, and being able to rotate into the tear.

What do you do with muddy boots or footware in general? And I can see in temperate weather you might leave them outside, but not a good idea in very cold weather and not sure I want to leave my Zamberlans out.
QB
A tear with no name: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=67624
QueticoBill
Silver Donating Member

Re: Muddy boots

Postby friz » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:14 am

Get a plastic tote to put them in after taking them off. Then bring the tote inside and put at the foot of the bed.
The "Sin Bin"
friz
500 Club

Postby working on it » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:42 am

friz wrote:Get a plastic tote to put them in after taking them off. Then bring the tote inside and put at the foot of the bed.
I faced the same problem with muddy boots, too, and saw that some people had put slide-out trays under the trailer frame, to hold them at night. I bought a wire basket to attach there, but I couldn't make it right (wrong size basket, crossmembers in the wrong place, etc.). So, like friz suggests here, I just store them at the foot of my bed, but I use thick contractor waste bags, instead of a hard plastic tote. My 4x8 trailer is at a premium for extra space inside, so I just insert the wet boots in the bag, usually after wiping them off first, shove them in the bag, and into a corner at my feet. I leave the bag semi-open at the top, so the moisture can escape. With the bag taking up no more room than the boots alone, I save space, and let the boots dry out without getting the inside of my trailer all wet/muddy.
contractor bags.png
contractor bags.png (118.95 KiB) Viewed 394 times
2013 HHRv "squareback/squaredrop", rugged, 4x8 TTT, 2225 lbs
  • *3500 lb Dexter EZ-Lube braked axle, 3000 lb.springs, active-progressive bumpstop suspension
  • *27 x 8.5-14LT AT tires (x 3) *Weight Distribution system for single-beam tongue
  • *100% LED's & GFCI outlets, 3x fans, AM/FM/CD/Aux. *A/C & heat, Optima AGM, inverter & charger(s)
  • *extended-run, on-board, 2500w generator *Coleman dual-fuel stove & lantern, Ikea grill, vintage skillet
  • *zinc/stainless front & side racks *98"L x 6" diameter rod & reel carrier tube on roof
working on it
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby QueticoBill » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:53 am

Thanks and good. Glad I have not missed a trick. Solo, lots of room of course and a mat or dishpan makes sense. I'll think about a way to suspend dishpan or tote when the need arises. I worry about drying well in a bag - and usually leather boots for me, not ones that only the inside needs to dry.
QB
A tear with no name: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=67624
QueticoBill
Silver Donating Member

Postby Cosmo » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:01 pm

I use a plastic shoe box with a lid. I found drip splash from the side of the trailer wets the shoes/boots unless it is enclosed. I slide the shoe box under the trailer and leave it there for the night. So far the shoes have still been there in the morning!

=Cosmo

FUN WITH TEARDROP TRAILER VIDEOS
https://www.youtube.com/CosmoWeems/videos

I am an Amazon Associate if you buy from my links I may profit at no cost to you!
Cosmo
The 300 Club

Postby booyah » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:15 am

we do the plastic tote with a lid. Rubbermaid, and it works great as a step for the kids to facilitate climbing in as well
My build, 5x8 modified benroy "Smiles to go". Started April 2nd 2015, first trip August 2nd 2015.

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=63145
booyah
The 300 Club

Postby banjoplayer » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:03 pm

I like to keep my shoes/boots in a large plastic box on the bed of my truck. I usually change into flip flops which I keep under the camper. I have mats outside my doors to stand on also. You could always get the kind you can wear socks with for really cold weather for that early morning run to the bath house.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
banjoplayer
Teardrop Inspector

Return to General Discussion