Adding a window and door.

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Adding a window and door.

Postby EnduroFit » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:05 pm

Hi All.

I decided to add more ventilation by removing a window and installing a door which purchased from teardroptrailerparts. I measured at least 10 times and had my brother confirm I wasn't crazy and it'd fit! I also purchased a new old stock window and trim ring from ebay. So I have questions from the crowd.

1. How on earth do I cut out and through the foam inner door with aluminum siding? If I have to ask I guess I probably shouldn't, but I like a project and would love for my brother to help as he does as well.

2. Do I need to frame the window hole for trim ring and window, for screws to attach?

3. Should the window cut out be 1/4" larger than window frame?

4. Anything I'm missing?

The doors are similar but won't match in size - not a big deal, butyl tape was purchased with door. Need to purchase some stainless screws for window.

The black door is 26x36, the grey original is 26x43. I could have done custom and cut 2 steel 1x1's, but that is another story and seemed more bother than worth.

Thanks in advance with any and all advice.

BrentImageImage

Sent from my H1711 using Tapatalk
EnduroFit
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Adding a window and door.

Postby bc toys » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:56 am

Well if thats your door and window in the 1st pic looks like you did a good job cutting and if not.
Masked off your door with blue painters tape before cutting the opening measure 2 or more times before cutting and use a level
Well good luck
bc toys
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby EnduroFit » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:02 pm

bc toys wrote:Well if thats your door and window in the 1st pic looks like you did a good job cutting and if not.
Masked off your door with blue painters tape before cutting the opening measure 2 or more times before cutting and use a level
Well good luck
Do you have any idea how I'll attach the inner ring to the window, in the door? It's aluminum skin with foam inner and vinyl interior. I tried to find some YouTube videos to no avail.

Thanks and thanks

EnduroFit
Teardrop Inspector

Postby EnduroFit » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:04 pm

bc toys wrote:Well if thats your door and window in the 1st pic looks like you did a good job cutting and if not.
Well good luck
I was holding the window against the Dior for reference. Thanks for the vote of confidence.

EnduroFit
Teardrop Inspector

Postby bc toys » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:56 am

my windows came with 4 screws that you put through the trim ring and into the frame of the window but after i got it tight I drilled holes into the window frame and
put in pop rivets in your case you might want to use stainless screws be sure to use buddy tape around the window or calking
bc toys
2000 Club
2000 Club

Return to General Discussion