How and where do you store your security shotgun

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

How and where do you store your security shotgun

Postby ibbuckshot » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:15 am

Greeting folks,
I have been wondering about ways to store my short barreled security shotgun in the new ultra light aluminum camper I am building....Yes, I know this topic
may have some people get their knickers in a twist but for the rest of us it is a valid and important question. Having a good place to store my short barreled
12 gauge should be effortless to make available but be totally out of sight and secure while going down the road....Looking for your two cents....
Have fun,
buckshot
Take time to smell the roses before you end up under them ! ! !

Road rage can be hazardous to your health ! ! !
ibbuckshot
Teardrop Builder

Re: How and where do you store your security shotgun

Postby crttaz » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:40 am

If you have a shelf at the front of the tear drop, it would be possible to store it under the shelf using velco or other means. but one would also need a way to lock it up. Also keep it on an empty chamber.
crttaz
Teardrop Master

Postby GTS225 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:53 am

First, let's clarify. In the tow vehicle, or in the camper?

Roger
GTS225
Teardrop Master

Postby KTM_Guy » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:24 am

Is it for quick access or storage? If for quick access I would use something like Fist Clamps over the door. You could make a valance that would hide it from view. If for storage maybe a spot under the mattress. I’m assuming your building a teardrop..

I have a pull out shelf in by tear that I build a spot to hide stuff.

KTM_Guy
500 Club

Postby Karen Clancy » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:28 pm

I built a recessed Cabinet to hold the Mossberg shock wave that will be installed behind the headboard . The headboard will be on a bottom mounted hinge that can be drop down to access it in a jiffy if needed . It's NOT installed as of yet but ready to be , too cold here to work otherwise I would provide pictures . I pity the one if I ever have to show the TRUE meaning of riding shotgun . Kerry
Karen Clancy
Teardrop Advisor

Postby ibbuckshot » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:48 pm

Greeting folks,
Thank you all for your comments....The ultra llight cargo conversion that I am now building has a cabin measuring 12ft long, 6ft wide and 61/2 high. and will be pulled behind both a 32 Ford pickup or a diesel powered 2000 Sonoma....crttaz I really like that drop down but I think my unit may be a bit too narrow....If I ever
get to learn how to post pics I will follow up with what ever I come up with....Thanks again. :thumbsup:
Have fun,
buckshot
Take time to smell the roses before you end up under them ! ! !

Road rage can be hazardous to your health ! ! !
ibbuckshot
Teardrop Builder

Postby jimbo69ny » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:49 pm

This thread is perfectly timed. i was just thinking about this. I am in the process of building my foamie camper. youtube.com/jimbo69ny

I am thinking of making hidden compartments for my pistols. Cant be too safe on the road.
jimbo69ny
Teardrop Master

Postby MikeG2 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:26 pm

Wow. Such an American question.
MikeG2
Teardrop Inspector

Postby jimbo69ny » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:57 pm

MikeG2 wrote:Wow. Such an American question.

Lets not go down this road. If you dont like the question go away and dont start any trouble.
jimbo69ny
Teardrop Master

Postby MikeG2 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:13 pm

I don't dislike the question. I'm simply noting the vast cultural differences entailed in the subject. You've just pointed out another one, and I'll happily leave you to your conversation. I'm on the forum to discuss teardrop builds, and I'll stick to that. Do enjoy your day, won't you.
MikeG2
Teardrop Inspector

Postby GTS225 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:13 pm

Jimbo! What kind of a response is that!? That was crass and crude, and uncalled for on your part.

I may be relatively new here, but at least I have some sense of decorum.

Mike, you've responded quite well, and I applaud your demeanor. Always the English gentleman, and I thank you for that.

Roger
GTS225
Teardrop Master

Postby jimbo69ny » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:21 pm

GTS225 wrote:Jimbo! What kind of a response is that!? That was crass and crude, and uncalled for on your part.

I may be relatively new here, but at least I have some sense of decorum.

Mike, you've responded quite well, and I applaud your demeanor. Always the English gentleman, and I thank you for that.

Roger

Asking someone to not go down a negative road regarding this post is uncalled for? Seriously!? Let’s not get into a gun debate here. I don’t care if you think your country is better than America or if you live in America and you hate guns. This post isn’t for you if you. Please give us a thread so we can talk about this. It’s our second amendment and our first amendment. If you hate guns, our constitution, guns or anything else please save it for your Facebook page. Let’s keep this thread on topic for people who want to talk about the topic.
jimbo69ny
Teardrop Master

Postby GTS225 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:47 am

I'm not calling you out on the firearms subject. I'm calling you out on your lack of civility.
He didn't say he hated guns, or the U.S., or our Constitution. He simply stated that is was a typically American question, and you assumed he was making a negative statement.
Now, if you'll go back up to his response, and pay attention to where he's located, you just might realize that he might have a deeper love and appreciation for firearms than you assumed.
It wasn't all that long ago that the U.K. allowed their citizens to have shotguns and rifles in the home, as hunting was quite traditional. Handguns did have restrictions that we haven't had to endure here, but that is a different country, and they get to run theirs as they see fit, hopefully without interference from outside influence.
Now, for the record, I am also a firearms enthusiast. More of an accuracy target shooter, but we still have common interests.
Now, if you'll not be quite so defensive and over-react again, I believe you owe that man an apology for your rudeness.

Besides, why would you want anyone to know where you have a personal security weapon stashed? If they know, then they can keep you from getting to it, or worse, use it against you.

That's all I have to say on the subject.

I remain.....Roger
GTS225
Teardrop Master

Postby jimbo69ny » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:16 am

GTS225 wrote:I'm not calling you out on the firearms subject. I'm calling you out on your lack of civility.
He didn't say he hated guns, or the U.S., or our Constitution. He simply stated that is was a typically American question, and you assumed he was making a negative statement.
Now, if you'll go back up to his response, and pay attention to where he's located, you just might realize that he might have a deeper love and appreciation for firearms than you assumed.
It wasn't all that long ago that the U.K. allowed their citizens to have shotguns and rifles in the home, as hunting was quite traditional. Handguns did have restrictions that we haven't had to endure here, but that is a different country, and they get to run theirs as they see fit, hopefully without interference from outside influence.
Now, for the record, I am also a firearms enthusiast. More of an accuracy target shooter, but we still have common interests.
Now, if you'll not be quite so defensive and over-react again, I believe you owe that man an apology for your rudeness.

Besides, why would you want anyone to know where you have a personal security weapon stashed? If they know, then they can keep you from getting to it, or worse, use it against you.

That's all I have to say on the subject.

I remain.....Roger

I wasn’t civil? LOL if you go back to my post all I said was to please not go down this road and to please not start any trouble. You would have to pretty sensitive to take offense to that.

I don’t doubt that you claim to be a gun lover but the fact that you question the need of someone having a firearm for protection shows your viewpoint which is not productive conversation for a thread that asks how/where to hide a gun in your camper.

I didn’t call anyone names, I didn’t insult anyone, I simply hope we stay on topic for those of us who care about the question the OP asks.
jimbo69ny
Teardrop Master

Postby Woodbutcher » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:03 am

I don't bring a shotgun or long rifle with me when i travel. I do bring a small, and sometimes large caliber handgun, depending on where I am going. My Jeep has a locking metal drawer under both seats, and my trailer has a couple of hiding spots I will not divulge. It is quite easy to hid a handgun. A shotgun is to big of a gun to need to get to quickly inside a small teardrop. So mine stays home.

Slow, thanks for putting this thread back on track. Maybe it can be saved.
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Next

Return to General Discussion