3 (various) Questions

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Re: 3 (various) Questions

Postby halfdome, Danny » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:44 pm

John, I have under carriage LED light bars under each door and under the galley.
Their very handy when backing into a campsite, going to the restroom, and while sitting outside.
Their controlled by a round LED rocker switch inside the cabin, they come in different colors.
I get the switches from delcity.com .
:D Danny

Edit:
I must have had a brain fart :oops: forgot I have a back up light on the galley lid.
Haven't used the teardrop since October 2019.
It's the same kind of light that I spoke of earlier.
:D Danny

ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby S. Heisley » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:01 pm

:thinking:

1) I bought the cheapest, simplest Kreg jig (1 hole) and clamped it on wherever I needed it. That worked well for me.

2) I think building the cabin on the chassis might be the easiest because you know right away if you have a problem to adjust for instead of after the cabin is already built.

3) No, backup lights are not required or needed. I bought those little blue Harbor Freight LED lights with the magnets and hooks to use as backup lights and quickly found that what worked better than backup lights was to put one of those on each side, near the back of the site of the space that I was backing into. If there is a stump, rock, picnic table or other such item that I want to avoid, I sit or hook a light on it. Also, with the lights in those positions, I can see pretty much the entire campsite without disturbing any of my neighbors because the lights are directed at me. Sometimes, Harbor Freight gives those little blue lights away when you are buying something else. Those little blue lights can be used for other things too! (By the way, 9+ years and I'm still not the greatest backer even in daylight and I've given up on spotter persons, but I eventually get the job done.)
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby saywhatthat » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:24 pm

no blue dots lens big ticket . blue Harbor Freight LED lights with the blue case white light.
Il suffit de le faire
fast, cheap, fiberglass/ foam stressed skin panels
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=73945

Build 4.5 by 8' using Trailtop fiberglass Components
http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=70729
saywhatthat
500 Club

Previous

Return to General Discussion