Any Bigger Designs?

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Any Bigger Designs?

Postby CampsyPls » Tue May 21, 2024 9:13 pm

Hey, I'm new here, so I'm just going to put this here. I've been really interested in living in a camper or RV or something recently, but none of the layouts and stuff just doesn't agree with me, so I was thinking of building my own. Do you know of any bigger design plans, or where I could find any bigger design plans, or has anyone on here ever done a bigger one or anything like that? Thanks for your help, I really appreciate you.
CampsyPls
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Any Bigger Designs?

Postby DJ Davis » Thu May 23, 2024 10:29 am

A few years (or more!) back I saw the build log of a chap who put two HF trailer frames end to end (bolted, welded...I don't recall), set the axles in a tandem configuration at an appropriate point on the frame, and went over the 4' HF frame on each side for extra width. Check the Instructables website.

For another one, check out this thread in the South Central page of the tnttt site: "Super Tear is under way Updated 10-24-11;" screen name "vairman." Another fellow SC member built one, too. I think it was "spinnernut."
DJ

They say "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger." I've noted that if it doesn't kill you, it waits patiently for another opportunity.
DJ Davis
Teardrop Master

Postby Nanny54 » Thu May 23, 2024 12:23 pm

Check out DIY forums, Pinterest, and YouTube for larger design plans for camper/RV builds. You'll find plenty of inspiration and advice there.
Nanny54
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Wyb2 » Thu May 23, 2024 6:23 pm

Also look at cargo trailer conversions, there are some bigger ones:

viewforum.php?f=42

this thread on a 7x18 has over 200 pages:

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=65498
Wyb2
Teardrop Inspector

Postby PaulC » Fri May 24, 2024 12:14 am

Have a look in the Vintage Plans at the top of the page. There’s a few standy designs you could adapt.
Cheers
PaulC :thumbsup:
Time is the only real capital we have. Money you can replace but time you cannot.
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

Return to General Discussion