HF Trailer Title in PA

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

HF Trailer Title in PA

Postby Dee Bee » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:44 pm

Well I took my completed paper work along with photos of the HF trailer and took it all to a title service company with a direct line to Penn Dot.

I knew I needed the HF certificate of origin and the sales receipt so I had that along as well. At first the clerk told me I had to go back to the HF store and have them notorize the certificate of origin.

I was backing out the parking lot when the boss came out and asked me to come back in.

He said that HF company has an agreement with Penn Dot that their trailer sales do not need to be notorized. His side commetn was wait till Lowes, Home Depot and Tractor Supply find out.

Anyway, the clerk was able to complete the application for title and tags in one step.

4/6 weeks wait and we'll see if Penn Dot thinks it was a complete application.

I went with the title service instead of trying myself, just because they have been through the process before.

I'll let you know if it was a simple as it seemed. . .

I know it helped to simply title the HF as a trailer according to the manufacter's specs. It also helped to have a friendly neighborhood mechanic had his own HF trailer and had been through the process himself. He inspected the trailer for me and even helped complete the Penn Dot title booklet.

In the mean time I am continuing to build! Take a look at the Zephyr

http://www.nfdc.net/home/cbdb/Micro%20CamperRoofStructure.htm
Grace happens...
Dee Bee
500 Club

Postby len19070 » Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:20 pm

Dee Bee
Good luck, and " may the force be with you". Harrisburg gave me so much Rock & Roll getting a title that I basically said ...I don't want to Play anymore! Now when I use my Tear, I take the tags off my Travel trailer and put them on the Tear and GO.

Happy Trails

Len
:peace: :peace: :peace: :peace: :peace:
http://s26.photobucket.com/user/len1907 ... 20trailers

"If you do good things, good things will happen to you"..... Earl Hickey
len19070
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby jeffwholmes » Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:15 pm

For what it is worth titling a HF trailer with the manufactures certificate of origin in WV is easy, the only complaint I had was HF charged me 6% sales tax and the DMV charged me 5% tax, when I asked why they were charging me the tax because I had already paid the 6% sales tax the lady at the DMV said that the DMV always charges the tax, and that HF should not have charged me a sales tax because it was the DMV’s place to charge that tax.

When I asked for my tax back at HF the lady that sold me the trailer said that they have to charge the sales tax, and that since it is a kit, it really isn’t a trailer yet so they charge the sales tax but did say I could contact the WV tax dept and send them both receipts and get one of the charges refunded to me.

I am not going to do that because it really isn’t worth all of the hassle to me for twelve dollars, but for those who title a HF trailer in WV be prepared to be double taxed on your trailer.

Jeff
jeffwholmes
Teardrop Advisor

Return to General Discussion