Pet cool

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby emiller » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:18 am

asianflava wrote:Did everyone have to make full payments or partial payments?

Hmmm, I wonder how much interest was made on all that money that they have held onto since Nov?

Rocky I made a full payment.
emiller
Donating Member

Postby Dixie Flyer » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:59 am

Rocky I made a full payment.

Same here.
I poked it with a stick..........
Dixie Flyer
Teardrop Master

Postby Ken Fincher » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:48 pm

I was planing on buying one of these units at $399 from these folks
( www.petgadgets.com ) & they notified me the smorning and said that thier supliers said they will not be in until June & hi Tech is thier supplier :cry:

I also talked to the folks on the phone today at
( http://www.doowaggle.com/product/HT-Cooler ) & I was told that thier supplier suppost to have 400 units in the first week of may.
Lindey with Doowagle.com told me she was not awear of any another change of arrival date & she would have to check into it, She also said that the reason that Petgadgets said the first of june is that most likely the 400 that are coming in may may already be spoken for.

Doowaggle.com is running a special on them if they are paid for before the may arrival date, $359-$399

If you contact them speak with Lindey at (1-800-993-0265)
& let her know that Ken from this Great Forum sent you, Maybe in the future they may be able to work out some sort of better deal to our forum members once they are readily availible :)
But as of wright now they are a hard product to secure. :x

The Sin City Teardropper.(s)
Ken F.
Thanks to the Highways & Byways & our National & State Parks,What a beautiful Country we live in.

( www.VegasTeardrop.com )
Ken Fincher
The 300 Club

Postby Ken Fincher » Wed May 07, 2008 2:43 am

Has anyone heard anything new reguarding when they are suppost to be in now.

The suppliers that I have spoken with have not called me back yet, Maybee I'll give them a call later today.

Ken F.
Thanks to the Highways & Byways & our National & State Parks,What a beautiful Country we live in.

Ken Fincher
The 300 Club

Postby Dixie Flyer » Wed May 07, 2008 10:23 am

I got this reply this morning.

The shipment will be arriving around the last week of May. We will email your tracking information as soon as it ships.

Thanks,
Beth
I poked it with a stick..........
Dixie Flyer
Teardrop Master

Postby demtears » Thu May 08, 2008 6:21 pm

I ordered mine (paid in full) back in January, and wrote them an email for some new info two days ago wanting to know when I could expect shipment and have heard nothing. I myself am getting a little concerned I would like to have it here before the hot camping weather is here, hope everyone who placed there order early for one of these units receives them in time. :worship:
Darrin
demtears
Teardrop Master

Postby Arne » Fri May 09, 2008 7:37 am

Bought all the sewer stuff from a local r/v place... probably about $30.00 or a bit more... will post pics after I'm reconnected at my new digs.... should look pretty clean after I'm all done.
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby aggie79 » Fri May 16, 2008 11:03 am

I just ordered a unit from Doowaggle. They said that they are expecting to receive a shipment by May 24.

My build hasn't started yet, but I have just started ordering parts and equipment. Hopefully, if the delivery is delayed, I have built in enough lead time.
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby Airspeed » Fri May 16, 2008 1:59 pm

$475 seems like extortion to me, I cant see how the Pet cool would have $400 more parts in it than a small $75 air conditioner. Does the Pet cool use a different, more expensive technology? Seems like it would operate the same as a regular air conditioner (minus the heating)
Is it the fact that Pet cool is the only one building this type of cooling/heating unit, so they can charge what ever they want?
I think Pet Cool needs some competition.
Aaron
Airspeed
500 Club

Postby Ken Fincher » Sat May 17, 2008 2:02 am

Airspeed
The dog house AC/Heat units are real nice units.
The advantage of the doghouse unit over a regualar $100 to $150 window mount is the low amps (you can find a few 4amp small ac units)
But the main plus of the dog house over the ac unit is that the dog house unit will keep the dampness & humidity a lot lower,Where as the standard AC unit will cool your TD alot quicker & will even be able to make your TD colder then the the dog house,But the only down fall is that the AC unit will cool the TD real quick, it cools the TD so quick it dose not run long enough to dehumidify the air and the dampness can cause some possible problems in the future with your TD and possibly your health.

(Prolonged moisture with wood can cause mold,wood rott,stinky TD & even illness)

Here I am talking up the dog house units Now I am going to flip the coin over to the other side.

I was going to buy some of the dog house units, I have been in contact with at least 4 different suppliers over the past 6 or so months(over the phone) not a one has followed up with any type of response not even a call back with any info. or update :roll:
I even spoke with the folks after they used the excuse that the the container had been dropped .( I was willing to buy all of them)
Guess what I was told they would see what they could do and they would get back with me. Well I think most of you know by know that I never heard a word or an E-mail.
(Just my opinion I think thier excuse was was a little white lie. :thinking: )

My father & mother had an equipment & machinery import busines years ago & we still speak with some of our old suppliers from time to time, I plan on putting a bug in thier ear I am going to send them some literature on these units & see if they can possibly import some of these units in.
A container of these units to them would be like me or you buying a bag of groceries :lol:

Well enough of that, I refuse to pre pay for a dog house unit from any of the current suppliers with what I have seen so far. (Just imagine if your unit breaks down :cry: how do you think there warranty will work.

I do hope that all of you folks that have pre paid do get your units soon.

I gave up at this time I can not hold up my present builds until they get in any longer.

I went down & bought a small window mount I will have to do a few modifications Buy forceing some of the heat of of the unit back into the TD & I may possibly make it so I can vent some of the outside air back into the TD so that the unit will run long enough to dehumidify the TD without turning it into a meat locker

With a little experimentation I am sure that I will be able to make it work the way that I would like it to.

I almost forgot about the dog house heating feature.
We have camped a few times when it was 12degrees when we went to bed it was a little chilly when we first got into bed but once we are snuggled in with some heavy bedding and our body heat the td warms right up & I usually had to crack the window or the vent.

A person could always pick up a 12volt electric blanket at the local truck stop, I know of a few teardroppers that swear by them.

Well happy trails to all.

Ken F.

Ken Fincher
The 300 Club

Postby SmokeyBob » Sat May 17, 2008 10:08 am

Hi Ken
This damp air in a small camper seems to be a common problem when using a window unit.

On our first camping trip using our newly installed window unit the first thing we noticed was the inside temp was at 60 degrees and dropping. The Alegria was a meat locker and we were the beef. After playing with the thermostat the temp stayed at 75 degrees. I could have made it warmer but 75 was good for us.

The next thing we noticed was the air was damp. Remembering what some other people had tried, I opened my side windows about 6" and raised the top vent. The vent was already slightly open but I just opened it more to about half way. Within a few minutes the damp air was gone.

I think the A/C just blows the damp air out the vent and window openings and doesn't allow it to accumulate in the camper. Don't know if this would work for your camper but it might be an easier solution than trying to vent outside air back into your camper.

Have a great day. :)
Bob
Pics for Building the Alegria I
To view video click Here

Bob & Judith
SmokeyBob
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Airspeed » Sat May 17, 2008 10:20 am

Thanks!
I wasnt doubting their build quality or function, I just cant see where the extra $400 cost is. As you stated a regular $100 AC unit could probably be modified to operate similarly to the pet cool.
Do these Pet Cool units use the same type of technology to cool the air, do they use a compressor, evaporator, etc.?
I know they use less power but I still cant see why they would cost $400 more for the same method of cooling.
As I said, I bet the price would fall if they had some competition.
Aaron
Airspeed
500 Club

Postby Lgboro » Fri May 23, 2008 5:22 pm

If anyone has any feedback from the petcool dealers please advise the rest of us. I emailed Lindsey at Doowaggle a couple of days ago (5/21/08) but haven't heard from them yet. I hope these guys are honest, we'll see.
Lgboro
500 Club

THIS may be why you can't get the PETCOOL

Postby SuperTroll » Tue May 27, 2008 11:14 am

scroll down to accessories...look familiar?

Apparently the PETCOOL folks have competition for the units being manufactured......

http://altituderoom.com/products.htm
Keep thinking outside the box and all manner of ideas will become reality......

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/alb ... Ul?start=0
SuperTroll
Teardrop Master

Re: THIS may be why you can't get the PETCOOL

Postby Sonetpro » Tue May 27, 2008 11:39 am

SuperTroll wrote:scroll down to accessories...look familiar?

Apparently the PETCOOL folks have competition for the units being manufactured......

http://altituderoom.com/products.htm

That is an older unit. It looks like mine.

From what I am gathering it looks like the manufacturer has sold product rights and don't make them anymore, and they are trying to have China knock them off.
Mine was made in the USA. and now they come in a container?
What a shame, another product that somebody wants to get rich off of communist slave labor made cheaply as possible.

Just my humble opinion.
}><)))'> ~--------------·´¯) SteveT
You don't know what the limit's are until you take it there.ImageImageImage
Sonetpro
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion