air conditioning has any one tried this/

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby jklittleguy » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:16 pm

well this is one of the most requested dealer instalation options we do. it's really just a matter of buying the air conditionig and of course installing it or having someone do it for you, but either way it helps to have an on board battery right on your trailer. if you guys give me a day or so, i can put a pic or two up.
Justin Kicos
After Market Manager
Shipping/receiving
www.golittleguy.com
jklittleguy
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Nytewyng » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:07 pm

I would guess with the talent out there, that one could buy a 5k btu unit at one of the Big Box stores and "make " a cover for the front or top vent that the cooled air comes out of that would house the flex tubing to blow the cool air in thru the window, the way that bdosborn did, this way its not a permanent setup. Leavine the other side of the TD window open so you dont freeze yourself out.........I dont know what do thhink? :thinking:
Rob and Deb Mangano
Nytewyng
500 Club

Postby bdosborn » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:06 pm

You mean something like this?
http://www.kuffelcreek.com/remote_ducted.htm

Bruce
2009 6.5'X11' TTT - Boxcar
All it takes is a speck of faith and a few kilowatts of sweat and grace.
Boxcar Build
aVANger Build
bdosborn
Donating Member

Postby SteveH » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:21 pm

Or, like this?
SteveH
Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Joanne » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:32 pm

Hey Arne,

After seeing Kai's petcool installation at the Redwoods I've been considering adding that option to my tear. I don't camp often in campgrounds, but it would be nice to have the option if I want to.

Like you I'm considering running it up through the floor at the back of the galley and pipe it into the cabin. I'm still finishing off the galley so I have room to add the ducting. I'm thinking that rigid ducting under the trailer would be the way to go.

Kai used RV sewer fittings with bayonette mounts to attach the cooler to the trailer. It's 3 inch so it should work just fine.

Joanne

Arne wrote:I'm surprised no one has gone up through the floor.... that is my plan. Might need some minor ductwork, but that should be easy enough to do.. and no visible holes, unless you stick your head underneath.
New! My Camp Cooking Forum

Project Desert Dawg website

Universal Health Care
Health care with the efficiency of the Department of Motor Vehicles
and the compassion of the Internal Revenue Service.
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Previous

Return to General Discussion