What kind of Bedding do use?

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby munch » Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:41 pm

Interesting, thoiught that it would normally be a mattress, interesting to see people using sleeping bags in the tears.

I got a foam mattress and real sheets and blanket, its like home

V
munch
Donating Member

Postby Italia » Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:41 pm

We use a travasak. It seems to work pretty good, but will see how well it works in the winter.

Italia
Italia
Teardrop Master

What kind of Bedding . . . .

Postby rooster » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:09 pm

We use flannel sheets and a down comforter with a quilt as backup with roosters all over it.

Jim, :thumbsup:
Beware of what she wishes....especially with that twinkle in her eye and that mischievious smile....you know it's gonna cost....
rooster
Donating Member

Postby curiouswill » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:49 pm

I don't have a teardrop or any camper yet but I'm planning to sleep just like I do right now, on the floor using a sheet as a texture protector (bare carpet is not very comfortable to sleep on)

I've gotten some of my best sleep this way and some of my worst on a bed matress. I dunno why i'm like this :thinking:

But at least this is a big money-saver (and space-saver) for me as i only need to pick up my sheet and move it into the camper from my Apt.
curiouswill
Teardrop Master

Postby cracker39 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:56 am

First, I haven't actually slept in the TTT yet, but I have the bedding. I bought four 4" thick 57" long foam pieces for an "almost" queen bed and to use two as couch cushions. I also bought a queen size 3" memory foam topper. The foam pieces are rather firm for seating, so I got the topper for more comfort. The topper was advertised on Amazon as qeen size, but the reviews said it was only 55" x 75" which would be ideal for my bed. But, when I unpacked it, it is actually 60" x 80" and needs to be cut down some. I guess they read the reviews and made it larger.

All of the reviews state that the topper is really comfortable, but, I'm still waiting to try it out. When I get my cushion covers made, I'll put it all in the TTT and sleep on it one night to see how comfortable it really is.
:thinking:
Dale

Sometimes I pretend to be normal. But, that gets boring...so I go back to being me.

Squidget Pop Top Build Pages http://www.thesquidget.com/ptbuild/ptbuild.html

Squidget and Pop Top Plans Info and Photos: http://www.TheSquidget.com
cracker39
3000 Club
3000 Club

Comfort first

Postby stbuch » Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:49 am

We use two 4-inch foam matresses and then make it up like the home-away-from-home we want it to be!
I gotta get my beauty sleep.

Sherrie

Good grief, isn�t it the weekend yet?
Maybe if I sleep in the camper the week
will pass faster�
stbuch
The 300 Club

Re: What kind of Bedding do use?

Postby accrete » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:03 pm

Old thread yea...i'm doing some catch up reading : )

My wife and I have a Froli Sleep System installed in our van conversion...and this system is perfect for under the mattress a teardrop to eliminate any mold related issues. The bonus if of course... SLEEP! Amazing sleep. Best my wife and I have experienced. Easily as comfortable for us as any luxury pillow top. Just set it up under your existing mattress/pad and enjoy. Very rugged. We've had ours for over 5 years and it is as new.

Here is the link to the Froli Sleep System.

And a youtube video of the DIY install:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oeTsr_wuU0

Cheers,
Thom
Greetings from the WET! Coast of Oregon USA
bio & domain
2010 Chevy Express 1500 AWD Light-Overland-Vehicle build thread
Parkliner 15 ft fiberglass trailer build thread (sold fall of 2015)
accrete
Silver Donating Member

Re:

Postby mkitchen » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:14 am

curiouswill wrote:I don't have a teardrop or any camper yet but I'm planning to sleep just like I do right now, on the floor using a sheet as a texture protector (bare carpet is not very comfortable to sleep on)

I've gotten some of my best sleep this way and some of my worst on a bed matress. I dunno why i'm like this :thinking:

But at least this is a big money-saver (and space-saver) for me as i only need to pick up my sheet and move it into the camper from my Apt.

A late response to Will but I am guessing that you are single. I can't imagine my wife being willing to sleep without a good mattress. Though when I am out by myself, I often just go with my old truck and shell and then I sleep with a small Therma-rest and do great.

As far as bedding, other than the truck camps, we use sheets and quilt. That way the trailer looks good when folks come by to have a look during the day and you will be getting a lot of folks wanting to have a look see. We do have a very good Caribou bag that we can open up and put over the quilt for those colder nights. That has kept up warm even down to the 20's. And a good sleeping bag stores pretty small.
Mikey
mkitchen
Teardrop Master

Postby Socal Tom » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:46 pm

I use sheets, with a sleeping bag opened up like a comforter. If I'm solo I can zip it together for more warmth, otherwise two ( or 3 if the dog is along) bodies usually keep things warm enough.
Tom
Socal Tom
Donating Member

Postby rowerwet » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:23 am

Sheets blankets and pillows just like home
rowerwet
Gold Donating Member

Postby booyah » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:16 pm

we have a 4" memory foam mattress, sheets and blankets with real pillows.

I'm a backpacker at heart, but the teardrop was meant to be almost a mobile motel room for the wifey and kids.

when the whole family goes I end up in the tent, but I'm OK with that 8)
My build, 5x8 modified benroy "Smiles to go". Started April 2nd 2015, first trip August 2nd 2015.

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=63145
booyah
The 300 Club

Postby noseoil » Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:01 am

We use a 5" thick foam mattress (firm) with a 3" memory foam topper. Sheets are regular "full" size mattress (58" X 75" form-fitted) & a regular quilt. We sleep better in the trailer now than we do at home.

I just looked at the Froli system & it looks pretty nice, but it costs as much as a real mattress for a full size bed.

There's also this stuff, which might help in a wet or damp setting, or if a bit more loft is needed.
http://www.hyperventmarine.com/store1.htm
Build log: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=60248
The time you spend planning is more important than the time you spend building.........

noseoil
1000 Club
1000 Club

Previous

Return to General Discussion