Camp Toliet Recommendations?

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby pgwilli » Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:22 pm

We use the facilities at the camp ground by day. Around dusk we set up a Pett in a privacy tent so Norma doesn't have to hike too far in the dark.
I like it because it folds up small enough to go in the under bunk storage. Bags cost, but make clean up easy.
Paul, Norma & the Girls
2014 Escape 21
2006 Chevy Trailblazer
pgwilli
Lifetime member

Postby PresTx82 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:35 pm

Mark
El Paso, Texas
PresTx82
500 Club

Postby Arne » Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:44 pm

I have one of those 3 legged deals with the plastic bag. I don't use if often, but it does the job well.... There is another model that others have mentioned that seems a bit less tippy...... mine has come in handy, and I don't want a porta potty to deal with... this folds up and is easy to store.
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby dacrazyrn » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:58 am

bledsoe3 wrote:We can't have a thread about toilets without a reference to this.
http://www.bumperdumper.com/

I LOVE THAT THING!!! I actually was thinking about that and/or like a deerstand type of setup with a seat on it (hang it off any tree). And there is one for the bumper!!!
dacrazyrn
Teardrop Master

Postby cracker39 » Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:07 pm

When I used to camp in a pop-up (or two), I used the Thetford pottis at night, and the camp facilities during the day if they were decent, and most were where I camped.

I have a new one for the Squidget (cheap model from WalMart). I'm lucky in that I built in a separate cabinet with a door to keep it in and I may even put in a wall vent if I find I need one. When I used one before, the odor wasn't all that unpleasant, just the smell of the deodorizing stuff is all, and then, only when you open the valve to flush.

It does have the swivel spout for emptying. You just unhook the top, carry it to the disposal area, or even to a toilet, swivel the spout out, remove the cap, and just tip it to empty.
Dale

Sometimes I pretend to be normal. But, that gets boring...so I go back to being me.

Squidget Pop Top Build Pages http://www.thesquidget.com/ptbuild/ptbuild.html

Squidget and Pop Top Plans Info and Photos: http://www.TheSquidget.com
cracker39
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby nubwon » Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:34 pm

We got the Reliant hassick from walmart. It will just be for night time adventures and we'l use bags. Transports easy in the bed of the truck.
If your gonna be dumb, you gotta be tuff...
nubwon
Teardrop Master

Postby seahorse » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:12 pm

nubwon wrote:We got the Reliant hassick from walmart. It will just be for night time adventures and we'l use bags. Transports easy in the bed of the truck.
Where do you put the bag when your business is finished? :oops:
seahorse
Donating Member

Previous

Return to General Discussion