Propane hot water heater Propane Usage

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby 48Rob » Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:28 am

I considered another valve for the main tank, but since the trailer isn't used year round as a residence, it made more sense to just turn off the tank valve if it ran out and use the disposable.

If I was using the trailer daily, a valve would be handy to allow whatever appliance(s) to operate while the main tank was being filled.
But if that were the case, a dual tank setup with auto regulator would be the choice.

Jack wins the bet...
;)
Rob
Waiting for "someday" will leave you on your deathbed wondering why you didn't just rearrange your priorities and enjoy the time you had, instead of waiting for a "better" time to come along...
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Postby bdosborn » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:36 pm

Micro469 wrote:48Rob, can you give a little more detail on youe propane plumbing? Like, the knurled screw going into the tank, where can you get it and how does it seal...

John,
I saw the knurled screw going into the tank at Lowes tonight. It had a plastic ring instead of metal but it's a starting point...
Bruce
2009 6.5'X11' TTT - Boxcar
All it takes is a speck of faith and a few kilowatts of sweat and grace.
Boxcar Build
aVANger Build
bdosborn
Donating Member

Postby bdosborn » Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:13 pm

jimqpublic wrote:PS- I looked into using the water heater to provide hot water for a hydronic heating system. It turned out the only good low amperage circulating pumps would have cost $200 with a total parts cost for the system of about $400. I dropped the idea- especially considering that I already have a furnace in the trailer.

I've been looking around for a circulating pump and have found a few for CPU water cooling that look like they might be just the ticket.
I already have a transmission cooler that I never used so this should bring the costs way down (if it works).
Bruce
2009 6.5'X11' TTT - Boxcar
All it takes is a speck of faith and a few kilowatts of sweat and grace.
Boxcar Build
aVANger Build
bdosborn
Donating Member

Previous

Return to General Discussion