Winter prep.

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby Classic Finn » Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:50 pm

Mike

Almost the entire boat making industry here from the looks of it uses it for their purposes and highly recommend that Sunbrella product.

Nice colors they have as well to choose from. were definitely going to go with that.. and make our own.

Thanks for mentioning it. ;)

The wife will give up making jewelry as a profession when I give up teardrops... :lol: :lol: Which is never... :lol:

Best regards
Classic Finn and Family
Royal Teardrop Society Scandinavian Bureau Chief of Staff

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Postby mikeschn » Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:56 pm

Classic Finn wrote:The wife will give up making jewelry as a profession when I give up teardrops... :lol: :lol: Which is never... :lol:

Heikki,

You say that now, but I learned many years ago, never say never. Times change, and people change. Who knows in a few years you might build an Escape Hatch/Winter Warrior, and say the heck with Teardrops. Or you might follow Len into the world of vintage Tiny Travel Trailers and build your own '62 Compact Clone. :o :o :o

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby asianflava » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:54 pm

What kind of backing does Sunbrella have, is like the flannel backed car covers?

Does it prevent water from getting but yet release moisture?

I was just talking to Mrs Flava about getting a cover made for the trailer. Buying the fabric and sewing it at home is totally doable, the shape is pretty simple and I still have the full sized pattern of the tear.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby madjack » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:25 am

Rocky, if you want "lined" material, Sunbrella Supreme is probably what you want...I do believe all of their products are a tad pricey... http://www.sunbrella.com/na/en/marine.pl
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby angib » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:59 am

madjack wrote:I do believe all of their products are a tad pricey...

Yeah, to safely hear Sunbrella prices, you need to be sitting in the same chair as for hearing All-Rite prices, but wearing a safety helmet too.

It is really good stuff, if you're happy to pay for it. But it might cost more than your teardrop and possibly more than a garage.....

Andrew
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Previous

Return to General Discussion