Trailer frame info site

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Trailer frame info site

Postby Ron Dickey » Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:22 am

As some of you know on teardroptimes I came up with a question of makeing a wood frame. and got many interesting answers and some links and photo's.

In so looking today I found that a trailer company called Teton makes one a fithwheel, I beleave.

I also found this very interesting site with interesting answers as to using exsiting trailer frames and homemade ones.

His subject is way to big for the trailers for this site but the idea seems sound.
http://www.mobilehomestead.com/project1/trailerinfo.htm

Interesting reading.

Ron D.
Los Osos, CA
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby beverlyt » Sat Apr 24, 2004 5:17 am

Ron,
Very interesting, I read the entire article. Good sound advice.
(Wow, they sure want a lot for those "tiny" houses on wheels.)
Bev
beverlyt
500 Club

Postby BufordT » Sat Apr 24, 2004 6:29 am

Ron,

That sites not about tears. And I don't know if this guy is and engineer or not but this shoudl be recommended reading material for all teardrop builders. The info is great. From what I know he's right on with the shelves and cabinets, etc. being part of the whole strength of these tears. Even the old guys like the honey moon house trailer for two built on wood frames.

If I remember correctly Roly wrote on the other board that one point and time he built a frame out of wood also. Just goes to show that you can learn from other trailer builders and not just have a board that does only one thing. Keep up the research and keep posting.

Bufordt :twisted: :twisted:
"RUSH" The Man, The Legend, The Way Of Life.
BufordT
2nd Teardrop Club

Return to General Discussion