Tent Additions

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby Gage » Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:35 pm

apratt wrote: Gage, I have liked your setup when I first seen it. It looks like you can have it set up in less than 5 mins. and it looks like it would hold up very good in windy condition. Did you make that or is it a store bought??? Also does it attach to a awning rail?? :thumbsup:

It's 10 yards of 60 inch wide matl. When laid out flat, it's a lazy 'T'. Had it made (I don't sew). It snaps to the roof. Every other screw in the edge molding is a snap. All three sides can roll up. I can put the thing up by myself in about three minutes. It's been hit with some pretty good wind gust with no problems. Look at the pictures close and you can see three eyelits on the edges where I use small ball bungee's to tie it to the polls when the sides are down.

It's very simple and works great.
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby apratt » Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:57 pm

Gage wrote:
apratt wrote: Gage, I have liked your setup when I first seen it. It looks like you can have it set up in less than 5 mins. and it looks like it would hold up very good in windy condition. Did you make that or is it a store bought??? Also does it attach to a awning rail?? :thumbsup:

It's 10 yards of 60 inch wide matl. When laid out flat, it's a lazy 'T'. Had it made (I don't sew). It snaps to the roof. Every other screw in the edge molding is a snap. All three sides can roll up. I can put the thing up by myself in about three minutes. It's been hit with some pretty good wind gust with no problems. Look at the pictures close and you can see three eyelits on the edges where I use small ball bungee's to tie it to the polls when the sides are down.

It's very simple and works great.

Thanks for the info Gage. :thumbsup:
Arthur,

ASL spoken here
apratt
Gold Donating Member

Postby dwgriff1 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:35 pm

Thanks Gage,

I really like your design. I may well commit a bit of larceny!

dave
dwgriff1
500 Club

Postby angib » Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:37 am

Gage,

This might be a dumb question to ask someone in California - how does your awning drain in rain? It looks like most of the water falling on the top will get drained onto the join to the teardrop body.

Andrew
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby Gage » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:19 pm

Andrew,

If it looks like it's going to rain for more than about 30 minutes or hard, I just lower the poll that's to the front until that point is lower than the teardrop and it runs right off. Haven't had any water come in under it where it snaps to the tear. Not saying it won't, it just hasn't happened to me yet.
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Previous

Return to General Discussion