What happened to Teardroptimes website?????

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

What happened to Teardroptimes website?????

Postby Erik-the-red » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:49 pm

Hi everybody! I am new to this website and am working on the finishing touches to a home-built Benroy copy.

Does anyone know what happened to the other teardrop trailer forum called Teardroptimes?
Erik-the-red
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Jiminsav » Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:31 am

Hey Eric, read the hello all thread and you'll get a pretty good idea what happened.
Jim in Savannah
If you can read this bumper sticker, my camper fell off.
Jiminsav
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Erik-the-red » Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:14 pm

Thanks for letting me know about that thread, Jim.

It is sad to see Teardroptimes end that way. It is unfortunate when politics trumps the whole reason for the website being in existence in the first place -- to help people build, modify, and enjoy camping in teardrop trailers.

Pam was a great help to me and I wish her the best.

It looks like I have some new homies on this website. Glad to be here!

Erik
Erik-the-red
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Big Guy with a Little Guy » Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:42 am

In all my 3-4 years of interest in teardrops, I have had 4 encounters with the real thing. One was for sale at a car dealer. One was a brief conversation on the phone with Jim in Savannah in 2/04. One was seeing Sumner's parked outside his store in 4/04. The last was a personal visit to Jim and Pam's house in Oregon in May 04. Pam is a sweetheart, and after spending a lovely evening at her home, I can tell you she genuinely loves the teardrop lifestyle, and took great care to keep the bulletin board running in a way she thought was best for all.

I haven't been on her board much lately, and I didn't know it had shut down until today. I was not aware of her decision to give herself a new year's gift by shutting it down. I'm sure she is sad to do so, and I'm also sure that she wishes the reasons she did shut it did not exist.

We've all lost a great deal. That board was a great collection of good information. Perhaps her rules were perceived by some as a bit strict, but that never prevented good, fun conversation, even if it was about someone's dog or annoying neighbor. I suspect she got weary of the daily (technical) management of the board. When I was at her home, she complained about the technical difficulties she experienced with the board. It was quite a bit of work for her. Plus she works full time and has a considerable commute.

Anyway, I hope she'll read the nice things that have been posted on this board, and reconsider her decision.
Big Guy with a Little Guy
Not So Tiny Travel Trailer Dude

WEB SITE

Postby Ed Smith » Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:20 pm

I appreciate what Pam did for the site. I only wish she would have considered passing it on to someone else if it was too much of a burdon.

Ed in Michigan
Ed Smith
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Arne » Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:10 pm

I was never able to log onto the site, though I could read the messages. Something about rings and things that I could never get past.
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Return to General Discussion