Greetings Teardroppers, I am Kent VanDeWalker

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Greetings Teardroppers, I am Kent VanDeWalker

Postby Kent » Sun Jan 09, 2005 3:38 pm

Greetings Teardroppers, I am Kent VanDeWalker … This is my first ever posting anywhere on the web and I would still be considered a Teardrop Dreamer so I have a lot to learn on both counts. I first saw a matchbox size teardrop in a toy store two years ago and instinctively knew I would be building one someday for my lovely wife and I.

About six months ago I stumbled onto this forum and have sat at the sidelines reading your comments and insights since. I read when Alan went teardropping just days after a heart attack around Thanksgiving, he’s a bold man, bless his heart!! I could see from reading the many comments of teardroppers on this forum that here is a great group of folks.

It’s amazing what all of you can and will do with these things. At one point my plans were so exaggerated that my teardrop was going to be the size of Montana. I’m surprised that I haven’t seen a thread including a Jacuzzi. I’m sure Andrew could probably design one, Mike would make it part of teardrop #9, Alan will find a way to add it for 5 cents (you made a teardrop for under $500??), Woody would trim it out finer than any room in my house, quickly a number of you would have it heated, the boys from Texas would figure out how to have ice cubes cool it, until Cary steps in and brings us all back to reality. The amount of craftsmanship and support is terrific and I look forward to jumping into a project.

Mike, I will be in Lake Orion on Monday morning for business and wondered if you’d have any time to show me what you’re working on and fuel my desire to get one of these projects off the ground sooner rather than later.

I’ll be seeing you around.

Kent VanDeWalker
Holland, MI
Kent
Teardrop Inspector

Postby beverlyt » Sun Jan 09, 2005 3:53 pm

Hi Kent,
Well, small world.
1. I was just in Holland yesterday.
2. I have a brother Kent.
3. I have a teardrop trailer.
Feel free to drop me an email for directions and come over and see our build some time. I'm about 5 miles from Grand Haven in Nunica.
Bob and I would enjoy meeting you both and help out any way we can.

You don't happen to drive a big rig do you? You could load up my Widget5 profile Mike has and bring it over to our side of the State for me. (just kidding)

Welcome!

Bev
beverlyt
500 Club

Postby mikeschn » Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:06 pm

beverlyt wrote: You could load up my Widget5 profile Mike has and bring it over to our side of the State for me. (just kidding)

Bev

I could cut your profile into 8 1/2 x 11" pieces and mail it to you!!! LOL J.K.

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby ALAN GEDDES » Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:09 pm

Welcome Kent and the final out of pocket expense was under $300.00 with a lot of scrounging. I'm still trying to figure out how to get a pool table in with the jacuzzi. And Ross's woodwork is nicer than you can ever see in the photos.
Alan
ALAN GEDDES
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Woody » Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:27 pm

Welcome to the board Kent, I have to agree with Alan, Ross's teardrop is a fine piece of work. Far better skill than I would ever hope to attain
Woody
The Tear Jerker's, Florida Chapter Director
E-mail: [email protected]
Tear jerker chapter site http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/
Check the SE section for gathering information
Tear Jerkers new site http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/
Enjoying life in 12 ounce increments is what it's about
Woody
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby OurStuff4You » Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:57 am

Hi and welcome to the boards! Mike -- it looks like we're getting lots of new Michigan members. Maybe we need to plan another campout this summer. I'd BETTER have another trailer by then! :shock:
OurStuff4You
Donating Member

Postby SteveH » Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:26 am

Welcome Kent, and come on down here and visit us some time in the summer and you'll understand about the ice cube thing! :snow
SteveH
Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby mikeschn » Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:58 pm

OurStuff4You wrote: I'd BETTER have another trailer by then! :shock:

Do you have a plan in place to achieve that lofty goal? 8)

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Kent » Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:53 pm

Thanks everyone, I hope to check out Ross's workmanship sometime.

Bev, I work in Grand Haven and I be in touch. Sorry I couldn't deliver that profile door to door.

I don't know that I'd have a teardrop this summer. However, I ditto the Michiana campout so I can meet some you folks.

SteveH, that's the plan ... build a teardrop and see the country.

Kent
Kent
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Greetings Teardroppers, I am Kent VanDeWalker

Postby mikeschn » Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:52 pm

Kent wrote:Mike, I will be in Lake Orion on Monday morning for business and wondered if you’d have any time to show me what you’re working on and fuel my desire to get one of these projects off the ground sooner rather than later.

Hey Kent,

I completely missed that paragraph. If you are still interested in coming over just say so, we'd be glad to show you what we have. It's best to email me so that I catch the message...
Mike...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion