Another question about generators

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby Lynn Coleman » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:50 pm

BobR wrote:The 2000i on the other hand has never failed to run my A/C even on the 100 degree, 90% humidity days.

Bob & Gerdo,

Do you run your AC on your Honda Eu2000i all night? If so, is the tank that comes with the machine enough ro do you have an additional tank?

Lynn
Lynn Coleman
Donating Member

Postby Trackstriper » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:09 am

BobR,

Thanks for the information on the EU1000i. I did not run the AC for an extended time frame. I figured that if it would run for eight to ten minutes with the engine in a fairly unloaded condition there should not be a problem. I always appreciate input from the real world. Having both generators and a 5000btu AC is about as real as it gets. I'll certainly consider this when the time to purchase comes around.

J.B.
Trackstriper
Gold Donating Member

Postby BobR » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:22 am

Lynn Coleman wrote:Bob & Gerdo,

Do you run your AC on your Honda Eu2000i all night? If so, is the tank that comes with the machine enough ro do you have an additional tank?

Lynn

Lynn, the Run Time per Tankful is stated as 4hrs. @ rated load, 15 hrs. @ 1/4 load. Bottom line is that run time will vary with the efficiency of the air conditioner and the load created by tempurature, humidity, the length and gauge of the wiring. On average I'll get about 6-8 hours running the A/C. I have recently constructed a six gallon external tank setup for longer run times.

Here is a link to a Yahoo Group on EU2000i Generator

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Honda_EU2000_Generators/
Bob Richert
Parrish, FL
"Be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars"
BobR
Donating Member

Postby Arne » Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:33 am

After seeing a link here, and joining a eu2000 group, I finished up my aux gas tank for my upcoming trip. I've added a pic to my teardrop site of my aux gas tank. it is the last pic on the second page. The page numbers are on the top left of the first page.

http://www.freewebs.com/teardrop-stuff
Arne -
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Previous

Return to General Discussion