Do something, anything, to get started...

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:36 pm

Thanks Chief,
If I could, I'd sell out, move out and head for the Big Island.
(At least that way we'd have a member from Hawaii)
BTW-Good one about Dave having CC&R's for no cluttered backyards. :lol:

Re: Do something, anything, to get started...

Postby mikeschn » Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:51 am

Hey Ron Dickey,

I recall that your goal was to start building by January 2005? Did you start? Have you scraped together your first $15 so you can build your assembly bench?

Remember, you have to do something... any little something that will get you closer to a completed teardrop. So tell me you are going to do a little something this month.

How about bringing home a couple sheets of luan, and cutting out your profile in full size, so you can see what it's going to look like?

Mike...

mikeschn wrote:Here are the steps I did, you can tell me if I did them in backwards order... but at least I got started... and the bench cost me a whopping $14.67 (including tax)... :lol:

Step 2 - Build an assembly bench

Suddenly, you're well on your way to a new teardrop!!! :lol:

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

your profiles+++++

Postby Craig McCormick » Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:03 am

:applause: Love both your profiles!

AZCRAIG
Craig McCormick
Teardrop Master

Re: your profiles+++++

Postby mikeschn » Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:41 am

Craig McCormick wrote: Love both your profiles!

AZCRAIG

Thanks Craig,

Unfortunately I can't take a whole lot of credit for these.. One is the T@B and the other is the Widget4, which Andrew drew up for Bev. But I gotta admit they are nice. The widget4 especially, because it has such pronounced features. Too bad it wasn't a little bit taller!

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby mikeschn » Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:45 pm

Ken A Hood wrote:Tomorrow I will go a buy a sheet of 1/4" ply or masonite. Yes, I will post pics....

Hey Ken,

Just wondered if you stopped at the store??? Do you have any pictures to share with us?

Mike...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Ken A Hood » Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:07 pm

Nope, freezing rain all day, and now the temp is dipping.......
Plus I had to install some slot-wall for my mother-in-law today.
Disclaimer: I in no way resemble the avatar shown. Furthermore, I in no way have any affiliation to the Trailer Park Boys and more specifically Bubbles!
Ken A Hood
500 Club

Postby Ron Dickey » Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:09 pm

Mike,

OK OK you got me .... :? It is January and it is time to loose those pounds by exersising eating right and build a light to pull Tinny Trailer.

I am just ending Cold #2 for 2005 depressed and scared :cry:

I was looking a 3/4 playwood at Home Depot. I had a thought just now that got me bake on which I will ask under a new topic.

any way I will have to get ahold of Dave in Morro Bay and find out where he got his Luan. And get him to introduce me to Peter of Mac teardrop trailers where he got most of his parts.

What are the dementions of this Marvalous table I know I could make in less then a day :applause:

Thanks for the wake up call.

There is a guy is san Luis obispo who has a trailer much like the one you cut out laying next to the bench. I guess it to be 1940's gas on tung is rusted small tank on its side. I will barrow a friends Digital camera and send you some shots.

so I will connect the battery to the truck .... and go get me some wood. I do not think I will be making that high I would never get the body out the door after assembeling it on it....with out cuting the bench legs. My neighbor next door wants to come over and take notes and might need the bench.

I think I had better get him on this forum.

Ron ah ah ah chooo :o I think first I will go into hiding one more day :SH
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Previous

Return to General Discussion