Crank Out Style Windows

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby Classic Finn » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:16 am

Yahooooooooo Made in the USA... :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: No Suthern China stuff. :lol: :lol: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I feeeeeeel Goooooooood. :) :) :) :) Just what I wanted to know.

Thank you Grant .. :thumbsup:
Royal Teardrop Society Scandinavian Bureau Chief of Staff

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Postby Airspeed » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:35 pm

I like the Kenworth window, but $400 ? thats insane! I wonder if my newfound hobby could produce a frame out of sandcast aluminum? I know a glass guy who could cut the glass any shape I want.
I think I will try it! Aaron
Airspeed
500 Club

Postby madjack » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:50 pm

Airspeed wrote:I like the Kenworth window, but $400 ? thats insane! I wonder if my newfound hobby could produce a frame out of sandcast aluminum? I know a glass guy who could cut the glass any shape I want.

Aaron, if you don't need it to open, look at rob48's CabinCar and see how he didit...Lexan, cut to shape and a rubber gasket to install...
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Classic Finn » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:04 pm

madjack wrote:
Airspeed wrote:I like the Kenworth window, but $400 ? thats insane! I wonder if my newfound hobby could produce a frame out of sandcast aluminum? I know a glass guy who could cut the glass any shape I want.

Aaron, if you don't need it to open, look at rob48's CabinCar and see how he didit...Lexan, cut to shape and a rubber gasket to install...
madjack 8)

I did almost the same on my front windows for now.. They dont open and they were fairly easy to make. And not expensive by any means.

Classic Finn ;)
Royal Teardrop Society Scandinavian Bureau Chief of Staff

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Postby nikwax » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:55 pm

doug hodder wrote:I'm pretty sure he has the same ones that Grant has...I've bought them from RW before and they are identical to Grants, he may contract to buy in bulk from his supplier, but I've been to his place...he's not manufacturing any parts, just retailing them. Doug

I didn't know that. He's etched his initials into the glass so I assumed that he had made them. Anyways, RW has better pricing.
nikwax
Silver Donating Member

Previous

Return to General Discussion