Question re: possibly selling my teardrop

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Question re: possibly selling my teardrop

Postby emm » Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:44 am

Hey folks,

Long time luker, and probably my 3rd post. :)

I have a homebuilt teardrop - can see it here:
http://www.the7thbeer.com/teardrop2/ and
http://www.the7thbeer.com/teardrop_gallery/.

It is far from the type of production line quality you get from a commercial maker, and being that my mechanical skills are not as good as those of others here, it's not something out of 'Yankee Workshop' or the like. It's functional and serviceable, looks OK, but rough in the finish in some areas.

I need to sell it, and I was curious, based on the pictures (and feel free to ask me more questions, if it will help), what would a *fair* starting price be for something like this? Sad to see it go, as it was built by me with assistance from a friend who ended up passing away shortly after we finished it up. So there's sentimental value there, and I ned objective opinions, so that doesn't cloud commercial reasonability.

Thanks folks. :)
emm
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Jiminsav » Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:09 pm

Well Emm, it looks ok..a little rough like you say..if I had the dough, i'd give you 3 grand for it
Jim in Savannah
If you can read this bumper sticker, my camper fell off.
Jiminsav
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby emm » Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:05 pm

Jiminsav wrote:Well Emm, it looks ok..a little rough like you say..if I had the dough, i'd give you 3 grand for it

Thanks for the feedback, I do appreciate it.

I guess I should add some details, that might help others come up with a reasonable starting point value. It has a 9 gallon fresh water tank (if I put in a 6, i could enclose the rest of the rear, making it look prettier), and is built on a Long-Chi (not a Harbor Freight) 1800lb. capactiy trailer.

Again, thanks for the reply, and I hope some others chime in too!

-ed
emm
Teardrop Inspector

Return to General Discussion