Pet cool

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby TPMcGinty » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:46 pm

cuyeda wrote:Looks like they increased the regular price to $479.95 from $379.95. I guess I have a choice not to do business with that company who fluctuates prices like that.

Way too rich for my blood now!
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby FireLion » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:46 pm

I got mine for $300.00, but, like all of you, I'm still waiting. Hope it get's here before summer.
'How can ya get away from it all if ya take it all with ya?'
2004 Ford Escape Ltd.
2012 Coleman tent-no wheels, no A/C, no hitch
FireLion
500 Club

Postby bmg5 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:34 am

Hi all, Just got a note back from petcool... Looks like it will be spring before we see any of the units.

"We will be getting a new shipment in late April or early May. Our
insurance company has deemed our damaged container a total loss. If you
are unable to wait for the next shipment we understand and will cancel
your order and issue you a refund if you like. Please let me know if
you have any questions."

Thanks
bg
bg in West Michigan - LG 6-wide
bmg5
Teardrop Builder

Postby reo-ron » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:23 pm

I called today and the price is $379 now and going to $479.They told me to expect a shipment in late April. I'm willing to buy out anyone who bought for $299 and don't want to continue to wait. I'd really like to have one but I'm thinking $300 is enough.
Ron-REO
Old cars, trucks, trailers and scooters - bought, sold, traded and enthusiastically talked about.
reo-ron
The 300 Club

Postby rmcelroy » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:47 pm

I just can't pass up a petcool thread. It's been a little over a year since I finished my build. I bring the AC in and out of the cabin throught 2 1/2 woodworking vacum hose. One word of warning-don't do one thing I did. I placed the in and out ports high up in the cabin-thus creating long hose lenghts from the unit. This produces what seems to me to be a great amount of BTU loss. I need to devise a non fiberglass way to insulate the hose (they ride in the tear) to cut down on this loss.

It is almost to the point that when it gets so hot I need the air-I just don't go anyway. :)

Mc
Wheather you think you can or you think you can't, your right.

Henry Ford
rmcelroy
Teardrop Master

Postby Dooner » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:41 pm

rmcelroy wrote:I just can't pass up a petcool thread. It's been a little over a year since I finished my build. I bring the AC in and out of the cabin throught 2 1/2 woodworking vacum hose. One word of warning-don't do one thing I did. I placed the in and out ports high up in the cabin-thus creating long hose lenghts from the unit. This produces what seems to me to be a great amount of BTU loss. I need to devise a non fiberglass way to insulate the hose (they ride in the tear) to cut down on this loss.

It is almost to the point that when it gets so hot I need the air-I just don't go anyway. :)

Mc

What about the shiny bubble wrap insulation? It would make the hoses a little on the stiff side, but could help without the itchy fiberglass insulation.
Dooner.
Image Image

TED NUGENT FOR PRESIDENT!
Dooner
Gold Donating Member

Bubble wrap insulation

Postby Sardines » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:41 am

The shiny bubble wrap, as it is so nicely referred to, is called "Reflectix" (one brand name). I only found it yesterday, but on their web site, there is even a specific application for "wrapping long plastic hoses for air conditioners attached to teardrop trailers". (Just kidding, but there is a duct wrapping product that is foil on both sides and might work pretty well.
"There is nothing so horrible in nature as to see a beautiful theory murdered by an ugly gang of facts." - Benjamin Franklin
Sardines
Teardrop Builder

Postby mexican tear » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:41 am

I use a quilted material as an insulation. It works pretty well, the inlet tube does not get wet from condensation.

Hope this helps, Note the use of the readily available sewer hose and fittings.

kai
"Essie" and the Mexican Tear
mexican tear
Donating Member

Postby Arne » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:41 pm

Where did you get the sewer fittings?

And, the quilted cover looks like a good application, is it home made?
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby mexican tear » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:41 pm

Arne
The sewer fitting can be had at any good RV store and the sock that goes over the hose is just a home sewn thing. The pretty color is on the inside. It originaly was left over from my home made matress cover.
I had to cut off the back of the fitting that glues to the PVC pipe to make them fit flat on the front of the petcool.
kai
"Essie" and the Mexican Tear
mexican tear
Donating Member

Postby Arne » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:44 am

I like the larger i.d. Did you drill/screw the fitting to the pet cool cabinet....?

Before I get real excited, how much do you think all the fittings and hose cost.? R/V stares aren't known for being cheap...

Also, you may have pics of this already, so I'll look at your album.. and thank you for your responses.
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby bdosborn » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:10 pm

I copied Kai for our petcool connection ( I saw it at the first ITG).
I gotta copy the insulation idea too!
The fittings and stuff wasn't that expensive, even at the RV store. I think it was around $40 for the fittings and tubing?
Bruce
2009 6.5'X11' TTT - Boxcar
All it takes is a speck of faith and a few kilowatts of sweat and grace.
Boxcar Build
aVANger Build
bdosborn
Donating Member

Postby Arne » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:42 pm

Bruce, $40.00 is affordable enough to get a clean looking set up like that.. Thank you.
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby demtears » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:37 am

Wow just logged on to the site it has been awhile, I was going to write Hi-Tech this morning wondering what was going on. I placed my order January 3 knowing it would be the middle of February before the order would be in. Now reading it could be until the end of April! seems a little strange, I do hope mine and to all who placed an order receives their unit before camping season. :roll:
Darrin
demtears
Teardrop Master

Postby IndyTom » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:23 am

Well, after more than a year's hiatus working on my tear, I am getting started again. Since we can have some serious 90+ days here in Indiana during the summer, AC is a must for us. I have been thinking about using a small window shaker and installing like I found on Kuffel Creek's website http://www.kuffelcreek.com/remote_ducted.htm

Looks like it might not be too hard to do, and seems like it would work pretty well. I was thinking I would mount the unit in the tongue box and make the air intake a partial recirculator.

Tom
Never trust a skinny cook

My build thread:http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=36226

IndyTom
500 Club

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion