New users and a link to the forum...

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby Dennis T » Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:13 am

Tom,
I like #1 & #4 for slogans. It's good to have choices. When I get a web site I know I'll be adding one.
Dennis
Dennis T
The 300 Club

Postby wa_flyfisher » Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:31 pm

I found this site by searching for Teardrops and came across Camp ADKs site, which had a link to this site.

And I am one of the people that emailed them.
wa_flyfisher
Teardrop Master

Postby chriskub » Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:03 pm

as with the other new members - I found your site by surfing - everyone has been very receptive and give me some great informaiton and ideas - thanks.

Purhaps you should consider contacting the manufactures and getting a link on their sites.

I have got a few emails from dealers who noticed I have been posting on the forum in reference to my research and interest in buying.

So, if they are cruising the forum for buyers - it is likely in thier interest to provide a link to you as well.

chris k
chriskub
Teardrop Inspector

Postby BobR » Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:51 pm

Mike,

I have a link to the board on my site on the "Links" page
Bob Richert
Parrish, FL
"Be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars"
BobR
Donating Member

Postby TonyCooper » Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:14 am

I've added Tom Swenson's gif (slightly modified and smaller) and a link to T&TTT on my Teardrop Build Site.

Thanks Tom!

And a <Special Thanks> to Mike for a great Cyber Teardrop Campground!

:thumbsup:
Tony

My Tear Build Site

"No comment"
TonyCooper
Official Pot Stirrer

Postby brickz » Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:37 pm

I also go here from one if the web ring sites. I love this thing, I can't tell you how much time and effort I've saved reading all the sage advice. I put tom's banner on my web site too.

Brickz
"A single accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions" - Admiral Grace Hopper
brickz
Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:44 pm

Kewl.... you guys are awsome... Thanks.

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:45 pm

I didn't find this place... I was told to come here. :lol:

BTW- Nice use of a swooshdrop Tom. :thumbsup:

Postby mikeschn » Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:50 pm

brickz wrote:I also go here from one if the web ring sites. I love this thing, I can't tell you how much time and effort I've saved reading all the sage advice. I put tom's banner on my web site too.

Brickz

I wasn't able to find the banner on your website. I found your resume. Hope you find yourself that new job soon.

Can you send me a url where you have that banner?

BTW, people are still finding jobs in MI, but for how long is anyones guess. By 2007 we'll have cars imported from China and that is going to hurt us big time.

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby TonyCooper » Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:21 am

BTW, people are still finding jobs in MI, but for how long is anyones guess. By 2007 we'll have cars imported from China and that is going to hurt us big time.

Mike...

I'm going first Mike. I'm part of the IBM PC Company sale to Lenovo! It is going to be a very interesting couple of years ahead. Lenovo is 58% owned by the Peoples Republic of China. IBM will hold 19%, the rest is traded on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. China is rapidly becoming a manufacturing power house.
Tony

My Tear Build Site

"No comment"
TonyCooper
Official Pot Stirrer

Postby dguff » Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:33 am

I found the site as part of the webring from Grant Whipp's site, Tales & Trails :)
Jerome

2008 Guffman
dguff
Platinum Donating Member

Postby brickz » Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:27 pm

Sorry Mike, I need to get the banner on my main home page too but if you look at the left column of links the first one is to my teardrop pages (3 of them now) the banner is on the bottom of all the teardrop pages. (I hope, this my first attempt at doing web pages and not real good yet) . BTW just got job offer in upstate NY (real close to Steve)

brickz web address again http://john.thebrickleys.com/

this may take you direct to TD - http://john.thebrickleys.com/Brickz TD album web page
"A single accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions" - Admiral Grace Hopper
brickz
Donating Member

Postby Nitetimes » Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:03 am

I found this forum link from this page http://www.tinytears.cc/
Glad I did now. Lots of good info and ideas for me. Now all I have to do is get all of the stuff I like to fit in the one I am going to build.
I have spent the last eight months researching these and this is by far the best place I have found.
Rich

ImageImage
-
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to
keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby mikeschn » Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:21 am

Nitetimes wrote:I found this forum link from this page http://www.tinytears.cc/
Glad I did now. Lots of good info and ideas for me. Now all I have to do is get all of the stuff I like to fit in the one I am going to build.
I have spent the last eight months researching these and this is by far the best place I have found.

Glad you found us...

I've been doing teardrops for a couple years now, and still haven't figured out how to fit all the good stuff in. I often end up with 10 lbs of stuff in a 5 lb box.

I think the key is to optimize it for the kind of camping you are going to do, knowing that one tear may not necessairly work for every kind of camping.

Mike...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Nitetimes » Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:51 pm

mikeschn wrote:
Nitetimes wrote:I found this forum link from this page http://www.tinytears.cc/

I think the key is to optimize it for the kind of camping you are going to do, knowing that one tear may not necessairly work for every kind of camping.

Mike...

This is going to be tough to do, a lot of use will be for NASCAR and dirt track races but it will also get used to go on overnight quad rides and probably for hunting too. So you can see my dilemma here, it has to suit the wife at the races and me other times. I also plan to put a reciever on back of the TD so I can pull my quad trailer behind it (should prove interesting, won't be using HF trailer for this TD) quad trailer is just big enough to haul the quad.

mikeschn wrote:Glad you found us...
Thanks, nice site. Rich
Rich

ImageImage
-
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to
keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion