DONE!!

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

DONE!!

Postby beverlyt » Sun May 23, 2004 6:16 pm

Hello all!
Well, we're pretty much finished with the teardrop. Pulled it out in the yard today and took a few more pics.
The pvc turned out to be great for cleaning up from the dusty garage. Just a little soap and water and it's done.
We haven't taken it camping due to the rainy/stormy weather, but maybe next weekend!
I've decided to put a "hidden hitch" on the VW New Beetle and give it a whirl. I can get the hitch/installed for $169.00. Not bad!
I backed the car up to the trailer and it sure looks like it should be able to handle such a cute small trailer.
See a few new pics taken today at:
http://www.freewebs.com/kc8jwa/teardroptrailers.htm
Can't wait to camp with some of you guys in July in Michigan!
Bev
beverlyt
500 Club

Postby mikeschn » Sun May 23, 2004 6:25 pm

Hey Bev,

That looks really nice, and it fits perfectly behind your red bug.

Looking forward to seeing that first hand in July!

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby twc3 » Sun May 23, 2004 9:16 pm

Looks Great Bev !

I really like the little shelf below - do you have a bigger or more detailed photo ?

P.S. is your bug a T.D.I. and how does it tow the Tear ? - I had a '98 unleaded but now am looking at getting the T.D.I. version.
twc3
Teardrop Advisor

Postby beverlyt » Mon May 24, 2004 3:40 am

Hello,
I had originally wanted a footwell/dinette table in the trailer, but we made the footwell in the wrong space and we were unable to have room on either side to sit due to the shelves. I really wanted something to set a cup of coffee on. I don't have a picture of the shelf at the moment...but all it consists of is a piece of wood that we rounded the corners on, polyed, and placed on slide-out brackets. Most of it simply slides under the cupboards when not in use. It has a locking device built in so it can only slide out so far. We actually used the brackets/sliders off of a computer keyboard shelf. Now I have somewhere to put a snack/cup of coffee or place extra radio gear while I'm talking on the ham radio.
As for my bug, it is just a simple 2.0 liter, auto-transmission. I think a TDI would be better for towing. Since my trailer is small and I can lift the tongue myself, I'm just hoping my car can handle the weight. The guy at the hitch place said that almost any car built today should be able to tow something under 1000 pounds. I'll let you know how it seems to tow, once I have the hitch on. I'm thinking around Michigan, which is mostly pretty flat, it should be ok.
Bev
beverlyt
500 Club

Postby mikeschn » Mon May 24, 2004 3:59 am

What can a TDI tow? Check out this thread... :D

http://tnttt.com/viewto ... sc&start=0

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby OurStuff4You » Sun Jun 13, 2004 11:59 am

Hey Bev,

If you folks ever get to the east side of the state (Oakland County) with your tear give a shout! Would love to see your trailer in person. Sure looks nice in the pics.

Rhonda
OurStuff4You
Donating Member

Return to General Discussion