progress

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

progress

Postby Chip » Sat May 29, 2004 1:35 pm

Well I finally feel like I am making progress,,,Trailer and floor are finished,,,rough wiring on trailer done, walls built and about ready to stand up,,,bulkheads coming along,,,picked up TPO roofing for sides and top this week,,and the best of all I got WINDOWS today,,I found a scrounger frindley junk yard that has over a hundred twenty five wrecked RVs,,damn I bout went crazy,,parts everywhere,,,,picked out a 4 pane,(one fixed) roll out window and a horizontal slider,,,new style, frames, black anodized alum, complete with screws,,,,,,$25.00 each,,,gonna go back soon and load up on switches,lights gadgets etc etc,,,for any hard core old school they had some of those also,,really wanted one of those roof mounted a/c units but maybe next time,,,I havent got pictures yet but will take some tonight and post them,,yall keep em straight

chip :D
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Jiminsav » Sat May 29, 2004 3:27 pm

chip, where is this junk yard at?
Jim in Savannah
If you can read this bumper sticker, my camper fell off.
Jiminsav
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Chip » Sat May 29, 2004 5:52 pm

Hey Jim,,the RV gold junk mine is in Woodruff,SC, it is called RV THEO used cars,,864-476-8115,,he has a huge supply of anything wrecked,, going back in a few weeks to get a box of this and that,,,

chip
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby beverlyt » Sat May 29, 2004 6:00 pm

Chip,
That junkyard sounds wonderful! Boy, would I love to spend the day at a trailer junkyard finding all sorts of gizmos!
So you are going with the TPO roofing! Cool! Can't wait to see how it turns out. We're really quite happy with PVC roofing skin. Is your's white?
Can't wait to see some pics of your progress so far too!
Bev
beverlyt
500 Club

Postby Ross Wade » Sat May 29, 2004 7:27 pm

Hey Chip,

Sounds like you hit the mother load. Wish we had a junkyard of that nature around here. Post pictures when you can. Reading about progress is nice but seeing is always better.

Ross
Ross
Southern Appalachian Tearjerker Chapter Director
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby Chip » Sat May 29, 2004 8:03 pm

beverlyt, yep I decided to stay with the TPO,,its plenty wide and I have worked with on roofs in the past,,,I hate metal work,,and this is easier and lighter,,and its white,,also I think I will get a little sound deading from it also,,its only 45 mil but for this I think its enough,,,lol and I couldnt beat the price,,one of my contractors donated a sheet for the cause,,one question,,,how did you terminate the roof to wall joint,,,did you run the sheet over the top edge and lap the top over it?

Ross,,I am gonna get pictures hopefully tomorrow,,,glue drying everywhere ,,just hope I didnt get to happy with the gorilla goo,,

yall keep em straight,,

chip
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby beverlyt » Sat May 29, 2004 8:10 pm

Chip,
No, we cut the PVC roof to just meet one another along that line. We than covered the edge with aluminum and silicone. (or whatever that clear stuff is called.)
We used some sort of white flashing roof material to put around the outside lights where they are attached. We cut it out in the shape of a teardrop.
We are also thinking of adding flashing around the edges of the roof vent...just not sure yet.
Can't wait to see how nice it turns out for you!
Bev
beverlyt
500 Club

Return to General Discussion