Mike, how's the T@B?

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Mike, how's the T@B?

Postby MeTrO » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:59 am

I see you recently purchased one. I was just curious what you liked/didn't like about it. Have any pics?? How's the quality?

Thanks.
Don't just float through life, make waves.
MeTrO
Teardrop Inspector

Postby mikeschn » Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:07 am

Yes, the TAB is my big trailer, like Gage's Dalton, or Joseph's canned ham. So far I like it. I'll have to get out and do some camping to let you know. I think the TAB will be good for extended seasons camping, or for camping when the weather is unpredictable. In the summer, when camping on sunny warm weekends, I expect it'll be pretty hard to beat the teardrop.

There are also some nice design features that I would like to work into my next teardrop design. ;)

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby MeTrO » Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:10 am

Did they fix the delamination problems? Post some pictures when you can. Between the weekender, the T@B, and the Lil' Diner....it's time to sell the house!
MeTrO
Teardrop Inspector

Postby mikeschn » Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:08 am

Yes, I'll post some photos when the weather breaks. Sell the house? Then how would I be able to build more teardrops? :cry:

Seriously though, the Baja Benroy is for sale. Frank already has the weekender. And all I have left is the Lil Diner, and the Tab. The Lil Diner will be staying in the garage, and the tab, outside.

If I build any more teardrops, it won't be for me, it'll be for someone else, like helping out Bev with her Widget.

I'll still be designing and making solid models of teardrops though. It's time to organize what I have and make it a little more usable, maybe even make some drawings.

There is still a large number of people asking for a teardrop with a porta-potty. I guess that'll be my next design challenge.

Mike...

P.S. Yes, they fixed the delam problems for 2005. My '04 model has not delaminated, but if it does, the factory has a fix for it. They replace the whole roof!
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby MeTrO » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:56 pm

Mike,

What options did you end up getting? And, what dos the "high altitude" kit do for the refrigerator?

Thanks.

PS What color did you go with?
MeTrO
Teardrop Inspector

Return to General Discussion