General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Ikea Matress yay or nay

Postby joeinthejungle » Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:00 pm

I wonder if this would work nicely the price is right
http://tinyurl.com/5vfxu

looks comfy has anybody use these? :thumbsup: :thumbdown: :QM
Have fun and take it easy.
Joe Maxwell

"Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow." -- Mark Twain
joeinthejungle
Teardrop Builder

Postby benjamin » Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:52 pm

It sure looks like it would work. If you get one let me know how it works. How ever we may have to get them at the same time just to cut down on the trips to Minneapolis. It says in store only and that is as close as it gets to us here in Nebraska.
Pop ups are good (99 Coleman) But Tear drops are better!
The trees are talking are you listening?
benjamin
Teardrop Advisor

Postby exminnesotaboy » Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:52 pm

I am anxious to see if anyone has had an experience with these - it is a decent price and looks comfortable

However, I am frustrated by Ikea not having all of their products available for web sales(like this mattress). Last weekend, I was just looking at some kitchen accessories that would work well in my galley plan, but they were available "for in-store sale only".

like you, the closest IKEA for me is Minneapolis. Not a problem for me as I get up there a couple times a year for family, but a royal pain in general. It makes the Knox foam option a bit more inviting - even though it is more expensive.
exminnesotaboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby benjamin » Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:56 pm

Okay that make 3 mattresses you will be bringing back.
benjamin
Teardrop Advisor

Postby exminnesotaboy » Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:02 pm

benjamin wrote:Okay that make 3 mattresses you will be bringing back.

Next Stop: Nebraska! toot, toot! :lol:

now that I think about it, that would allow me to circumvent Iowa......hmmmmm.....that doesn't sound half bad(no offense to our fellow Iowans)
exminnesotaboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby benjamin » Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:10 pm

Please do not take offence this is just how I was raised being a neighbor to the Hawk eye state. But Iowa meaning: I Owe “the” World Anapology OR Idiots Out Wandering Around. I under stand if you feel the need to flame me but I had to.
benjamin
Teardrop Advisor

Postby David Grason » Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:17 pm

......and Budweiser stands for:

Because
U
Deserve
What
Every
Individual
Should
Enjoy
Regularly
I am NOT a complete idiot! Some of the pieces are missing.
David Grason
Teardrop Master

Postby benjamin » Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:22 pm

I have a full page of what different autos stand for. I have a large list of what the brands of Pop Up campers mean as well. Yes I know there are a lot of lists out there on the web how ever mine is a bit more complete and I will put good money down that mine was one of if not the first.
benjamin
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Big Guy with a Little Guy » Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:27 pm

I am repeating myself, but may I just suggest that before spending a day's wages on a mattress, try using a sofa-sleeper mattress. Heck, try two of them if one's not thick enough. You can get them for nearly nothing at thrift stores (if you can bring yourself to buy someone's used bedding). I have one in my house that I use. It's not the Westin Inn, but it's not the hard dirt, either.
Big Guy with a Little Guy
Not So Tiny Travel Trailer Dude

Postby Sarge » Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:31 pm

The mattress looks nice, but the name of it! :chicken: Some words don't translate well. :lol:

Doesn't the emoticon doing the 'chicken' (above) look like the guy from the movie 'Deliverance' squeeling like a pig? Yes, I need a vacation. :crazy:

-Sarge
-Sarge

Don't "should" on yourself, there are plenty of others who will "should" on you for no reason. Accept what you did and move on. Life is too short.

2011 Three Feathers, Pinecone
2005 Hunter HU-4, Fat Shadow - SOLD
1961 Body
Sarge
Teardrop Master

Postby ALAN GEDDES » Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:49 pm

Ive posted this before but bears repeating. I use old sofa cushions that I pick up when someone throws out their old sofa. I strip covers and padding for the trash and wash them in a fairly strong bleach water in an old tub to sanitize. Let them drip real well and spin the rest of the water out in my washing machine. Set them out to dry in the sun for a day or so and you have some really nice density and FREE cushions. If you have someone to sew up nice covers you have it made. I spent over a hudred dollars for mattress in my first tear and nothing for the last two except the 3 yards of material to cover. They are very comfortable.
Alan
ALAN GEDDES
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby joeinthejungle » Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:56 pm

I am repeating myself, but may I just suggest that before spending a day's wages on a mattress

Yeah that puts into perspective. rightnow a days wages would get me a matress made of Pine branches and pine needles and a blanket of moss for warmth :NC
Have fun and take it easy.
Joe Maxwell

"Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow." -- Mark Twain
joeinthejungle
Teardrop Builder

Postby asianflava » Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:01 pm

They are supposed to build a new IKEA in Round Rock. It's still in the talking phase last I read. I guess I'll have to make another trip.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby shil » Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:16 pm

We've got a Queen-size IKEA mattress in our tear. No worries. Picked it up on sale for about $125 CDN. It's an inner spring, not a foam core. I wouldn't want to sleep on it every day, but it's just fine for a couple of weeks. A lot nicer than a foam slab, at least IMHO.

Here in Toronto we've got four IKEAs within an hour's drive.
Last edited by shil on Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shil
Donating Member

Postby MtrngMan » Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:01 pm

Alan said....I use old sofa cushions that I pick up when someone throws out their old sofa. I strip covers and padding for the trash and wash them in a fairly strong bleach water in an old tub to sanitize....

Alan, I went right out tonight and picked up 5 cushions. Might need 1 or maybee 3 more. We'll put them under the 4" foam mattress that the beter half made last year. i found the 4" a bit uncomfortable. Thanks for sharing your idea!
Now all i have to do is ask the wife nicely of course to make a new set of covers for em.
MtrngMan
Teardrop Inspector

Next

Return to General Discussion