Father and Daughter Project and Intro.

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Father and Daughter Project and Intro.

Postby larryl » Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:32 am

We have been bit by the TearDrop bug. After seeing RV Crazy on TV my daughter,Shauna and I had decided to start a 5X8 Cubby. This site has been extremely helpful and thanks for this great forum.

We have built the walls, skinned the outside and inside and last night set the walls on the floor. Still looking for a 5 X 8 trailer. May go with Red Trailers.com kit or purchase a 5 X 8 utility trailer.

Keep you all posted with our progress, we have been taking some photos and once I figure how to post the pictures will e mail several photos.

Larry L
larryl
Teardrop Master

Re: Father and Daughter Project and Intro.

Postby mikeschn » Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:39 am

larryl wrote:we have been taking some photos and once I figure how to post the pictures will e mail several photos.
Larry L

Hey Larry,

Once you get your pictures resized to 640x480 then you can upload them to your personal album here... Just click:
Album->Your Personal gallery->Upload Pic

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Arne » Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:12 pm

Larry, what a wonderful way to spend quality time..... can only go to macdonalds so many times.....
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby David Grason » Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:57 pm

Larry, if you can't find a trailer that suits you, maybe we can build you the frame. If we have to order the axle in a custom size, we'll have to wait a few weeks. Go to my Yahoo photo album and take a look at the frame I built for mine. I'm in the Hall of Fame.

What part of the country are you located?

If you're close enough to Nashville and willing to help with the labor, I'll do it for the cost of materials. The axle will run around $120+shipping if you go with a Dexter Torflex and I think I spent about another $300 approx for the steel, wheel jack, stabilizers, paint, etc. I'll go dig out my reciepts and add it all up to be sure..... if you're interested in doing it that way. Once you get all the materials together, the frame only takes a day to build. It goes fast.
I am NOT a complete idiot! Some of the pieces are missing.
David Grason
Teardrop Master

Father and Daughter

Postby larryl » Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:48 pm

Thanks Mike and David:

David, thanks for the offer of helping with the frame, unfortunately, I am not close enough to be of help. We live in No Virginia.

I have found several local sources for trailers and may go that way.

Mike, I will attempt to send some pics. Thanks for the advise.

Arne, she lost her taste for McDonald's long ago.

LarryL
larryl
Teardrop Master

Postby Arne » Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:11 pm

Larry, anywhere near Millboro or Williamsville? Will be tearing, probably at Douthat State Park, mid April.....
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby ALAN GEDDES » Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:37 pm

Welcome to the forum. Come join us in NC sometime. My spare tear was built with my 3 adult daughters in mind. Two have camped with us already and the third will be making her first trip to Lake Wateree with the southern gang next week. And she did help some with the building. Hope you both enjoy the tear.
Alan
ALAN GEDDES
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby larryl » Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:11 am

Thanks all for the welcome. Arne, not certain where Douthat State Park is located, but will research. I should have clarified earlier. We have four adult daughters, the youngest that is helping is 24 years old. All of our girls will have access to the Tear Drop. My wife and I own a Roadtrek 170 class B van and have traveled quite a bit with the motorhome.

Who knows, if we like the tear drop better, may sell the van.

My current thoughts are to pull the TD with our Roadtrek when others are joining us. The van is defintely meant for two(and one small dog).

We would love to attend local TD events.

LarryL
larryl
Teardrop Master

Return to General Discussion