Are the Cheap Generators any Good?

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby caseydog » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:44 pm

48Rob wrote::? Huh? CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THAT DARN GENERATOR! :?

Rob

Ditto. They all make electricity -- but, how deaf are you, and what kind of noise are you willing to inflict on those around you.

CD

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:46 pm

I think Bruce made a baffled box for his and got satisfactory results.
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby Gaston » Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:37 pm

for what its worth.. My little 2000eu honda just got us through 7 days without power here in Gaston with 18" of snow. ran the refer, freezer, 2 lights the disk tv receiver and the 60" flat screen Saved about 800$$ worth the beef and etc. in the freezer. boy was that the best 995.00 I ever spent!!! :thumbsup:
The difficult we do now... the impossible takes a little longer
Gaston
Donating Member

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:13 pm

John,
I have my fair share of power outages up here on hill too and the Honda 3000 is great to have around. The only reason why I went 3K over 2K is the 3K will run every piece of equipment I have. Back when I was self employed, it was great to take it to jobsites... No hassles trying to vie for a spot on one of the gang boxes and miles of cord to get to where I had to go.
Works good for camping too.
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby doug hodder » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:24 pm

Toy Taco...if all you want to do is charge the batteries and run a couple of lights, you might look for a used little gennie on Craigs list. I've got a Kawasaki, about 20 years old...550 watt is all 4 stroke. It'll spin a blender, charge the batteries and run some lights. Really small, doesn't take up much space and can be handled with one arm. It's really quiet, mostly because of the size. I take it, but don't use it often. It did come in handy to charge the batteries on my friends wifes wheel chair. They are handy to have whether you are camping or not. Won't run much stuff in the house if the power goes out, other than the TV....but I'm full up on coleman lanterns for light anyway. You might pick up a used one and try it out...don't like it...put it back on Craigs list. Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Previous

Return to General Discussion