Your Portable potti choices

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby 2bits » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:10 am

My mom being the practical gal she is, gave me a standard port a potty to contribute to my teardrop, but my problem with these is, and this is a question for the guys, and I apologize for the frankness of this but... I can't use it. I mean if you gotta pee, you just use a tree, so you use the loo only on the #2... but the seat you sit on is so small that "johnny" just can't get in there too, it's just impossible. I just don't see how this device is usable for a male. I'm not a big boy, just a regular size guy. It's there some trick to the deal or what? I'll probably stick to the campground facilities and a bumper dumper when in the wild.
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby TinKicker » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:40 am

2bits, I understand the physics question you're asking. I guess the only way out is to sit on that potty behind a tree. Maybe a funnel and some clear tubing? :thinking:
Unless you're naked that would be needed to keep from moistening the ol' panterloons.
Kelsey
TinKicker
Teardrop Master

Postby wlooper89 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:02 am

2bits wrote:question for the guys, and I apologize for the frankness of this but... I can't use it.

Hi 2bits, the folding bedside commode I might like for camping has a seat opening of 8 1/4" wide by 10" deep (front to back). How does this compare with the seat opening of your porta potti and do you think this size would be large enough? The toilets in my house are elongated so it is difficult to compare. This link shows the product.
http://www.invacare.com/doc_files/1145763.pdf

I called Invacare and they had someone go and measure the seat opening as that information was not in the product specs. They seemed happy to assist me. Comments from other porta potti owners about seat opening size and usefulness would be very helpful.

Thanks! Bill
wlooper89
Gold Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:33 pm

Thanks Bill, I like that one being just like the one John posted earlier. sitting inside the side tent. My grandmother actually has one just like it in her back bedroom, I think it has never been used, that is the only way I could use it. Just weird to me otherwise. I'll check it out next time I am over there. I am a toss the bag kind of guy. Thanks guys.
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby Laredo » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:52 pm

www.sportsmansguide.com sells a luggable loo kit, and the other day at K-mart I found a folding toilet (plastic seat on a backless folding metal chair frame) for $11.

there's a web site here http://www.housebarra.com/projects/boxchair/index.html

where you can find what I would consider a nifty way to disguise a portajon, too.
Mopar's what my busted knuckles bleed, working on my 318s...
Laredo
Donating Member

Previous

Return to General Discussion