night moves

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

night moves

Postby waywardson » Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:59 pm

hello everyone,
long story short, i had all but given up on collecting enough license plates to cover the exterior of "night moves", (formerly known as the "fish") in fact, i called this week trying to locate aluminum in large enough sizes. (if you dont already know, the fish barely qualifies as being a tiny trailer, its 9' long if you dont count the 2.5' tail/galley area)
my work schedule has been so crazy busy i just havent had the time to collect them. the state doennt allow salvage yards to sell them here in tn.
well, today i get home from work to find 3 connecticut plates in the mail.
andrew from england has sent me a great plate, florida bob sent me 3, and by the way, thanks guys, i should have taken the time to say thanks before now and i'm sorry i havent. i did write your names on the front side of the plates so i will always be able to identify where they are from. so anyway, here i am again asking / begging / pleading for your old plates, and to thank the unknown contributer from connecticut. thanks again and if you can, please send your plates to george a. nutter at 103 emma court, pleasant view tn, 37146, (my wife says you all will be a part of history as being listed as a material supplier on the first ever in history, fish trailer covered with license plates) by the way, i have decided to airbrush "whatever gets you thru the night" on the galley lid,

i just had an idea, i had already decided i was going to send some sort of thank you somethings to bob and andrew for sending their plates, so heres the new plan, whoever sends me plates is going to get something from me, (my wife has agreed to package and mail for me) i wont say what i'll send but i will send you something, it may me a tool from my shop, an old coin, i have some very old kinda x rated stuff, so i will send you all something, see ya later and i enjoy reading your posts, george
waywardson
Silver Donating Member

Postby purplepickup » Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:38 am

I forgot what kind of plates you're looking for. Will fairly new ones do? I've got a few Michigan plates from the late '70's thru now but many of them are the same since we just get little stickers each year instead of a new plate. I could probably send you at least 6 or 7 of them if you could use them. The paint might be thin on some of them. Got some motorcyle plates too. They're a lot smaller. I do have a collection of real old plates but I don't want to part with them.

Let me know if you want some and I'll send them.
George
:)
purplepickup
Silver Donating Member

Postby Nitetimes » Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:07 am

I can probably do ya a few from PA, I think I might have an old one from NM. Hafta look and see what's out there.
Rich

ImageImage
-
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to
keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby David Grason » Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:46 am

Don't send me the X rated stuff, even if it IS old. :lol: I'd still never explain it to my wife.

"But Honey, honest, it just came in the mail from an anonymous source." :whistle:
I am NOT a complete idiot! Some of the pieces are missing.
David Grason
Teardrop Master

Postby Arne » Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:51 am

I had those CT plates hanging around in the garage for years (never know when you might want a scrap of mis-shapen aluminum) and your addres on the table. I finally took some time off to catch up on all the little stuff...

Went to the post office and looked for something to stick them in... found a tyvec envelope. Put the plates in an they rattled like crazy, the evp was about x2 too large....

So, I wrapped them in one envelope to keep them together and stuffed that into another one.... and addressed it.....

Went up to the counter and as the woman was weighing it, she asked if I wanted to put a return address on it..... (that stuff is slippery and hard to write on) and I said no..... she asked, is it breakable... is said no..... she hefting it, shaking it and asked me a couple more questions ... and I said no....

Now, I start thinking she's thinking it's a letter bomb......

Finally, she asked me to put a return address on it...

I said, so, you want me to put my return address on it even if I don't want to.... she said yes..... so I did.

Last name, street, zip code..... that satisfied her...... they could trace the bomb back to me if they had to.......

Sorry I didn't clean them, but I was in a rush that day, like most days...... and you got the plates, and I got a kind-of-funny story to tell....
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby DestinDave » Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:29 am

Arne... He's got the plates unless some postal inspector get itchy, brings in the FBI, RCMP, and the locals, and they take the package out and detonate it. Can't be too careful, you know.. George, maybe you can catch a glimpse of those plates, and Arne too, on the evening news. :lol:
Reality? What a concept!
Building "The Salty Tear" - a photo log of the project.
http://www.bluezenphoto.com/p979644357
DestinDave
500 Club

Postby Arne » Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:20 am

I do not know, but suspect, they look closely at suspicious packages. It would not surprise me at all if they opened it... as I was leaving the post office, I had the thought that they probably would.

From my point of view, it was something of no value I just wanted to mail. From their point of view, no return address, no insurance, suspicious character mailing it.....

I hope they don't come after me for using that second bag inside, but then I realized they don't charge for those, just the boxes.....
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby waywardson » Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:48 am

hello everyone,
i can use "any" type license plates, old or new,
i will even be using novelty plates,
since i have a large area to cover, i can use several from one state and scatter them about,
arrne, thanks for the ones you sent, i will be in the shop today and will locate something to send you, florida bob and andrew in england,
thanks again and watch your mailboxes, my wife says she will mail for me this week,
george
waywardson
Silver Donating Member

Postby JunkMan » Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:26 am

I dug out some South Dakota plates a couple of weeks ago, but didn't hear any more about the fish trailer, so didn't mail them. I'll get them out tomorrow. Don't worry abouut sending me anything, just show me the trailer when I'm down your way this summer (my folks live in Hendersonville).
Jeff & Odie
Black Hills of South Dakota
JunkMan
500 Club

Postby waywardson » Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:28 pm

thanks jeff,
i would appreciate your sending the plates and will look forward to meeting you this summer,
george
waywardson
Silver Donating Member

Return to General Discussion