Came Across Something More Annoying Than a Huge Generator...

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby Gage » Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:51 pm

Aw, I think we have the makings of a contest at Minden. You know, like they do at Lowrider Car shows :thinking: Who's teardrop vibrates the most. :lol:

Have a good day,
Gage
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Larwyn » Mon Mar 28, 2005 3:00 pm

Gage wrote:Aw, I think we have the makings of a contest at Minden. You know, like they do at Lowrider Car shows :thinking: Who's teardrop vibrates the most. :lol:

Have a good day,
Gage

Even though I will not be at Minden, this thread is causing me to rethink whether or not my td should have a huge sound system. And maybe a spotlight on a turrent for those who bring along halogen worklights to light their campsite and the next 10 sites as well...??? :twisted:
Larwyn

Keeper of the Most Out Of Control Shop (2005)

I feel bad for the man that cannot spell a word more than one way. Mark Twain
Larwyn
Mad Kilted Texan

Postby Rob » Mon Mar 28, 2005 3:33 pm

I am reminded of the movie Kelly's Heroes where Donald Sutherland is riding a tank into a German railroad town. On top of the tank are HUGE loudspeakers playing "I've Been Working On The Railroad". It might be fun to put them on top of a TD. :twisted:
Rob
:wine:

:peace:
Rob
500 Club

Postby Gage » Mon Mar 28, 2005 3:37 pm

Larwyn wrote: Even though I will not be at Minden, this thread is causing me to rethink :twisted:

Arn't discussion boards great. Just when you think your set with an idea, you read the board and change your mind, over and over and over again. :lol:

Have a good day,
Gage
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Sarge » Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:30 pm

Hey guys I just wanted some peace and quiet, not start WWIII. :)

Thank goodness the guy on the pocket bike was having problems with it and he only rode it for about 30 minutes. That or enough people threatened him great bodily harm that he decided it wasn't worth it.

Oh yes, I did forget to mention the guy who felt obligated to let everyone 'enjoy' his music selection by blasting it on his boombox. I actually felt sorry for his son who was with him. I had to endure him and his music for a short time, but his son was stuck with the (CENSORED) as a father.

I agree with San Diegan, I need to find a campsite further away from 'civilization.' I go camping to relax, which is hard enough with a 3 year old. It's sad that these miscreants and malcontents with their inconsiderate and selfish behavior either drive us away or push us into behaving in similar, childish behavior. I refuse to stoop to their level. What kind of role model do I want to exhibit for my son?

BTW, I love accordian music, yodelling (which sound great together) and bigpipes. I DO NOT love men in kilts....I respect them, I do not love them. :lol:

-Sarge
-Sarge

Don't "should" on yourself, there are plenty of others who will "should" on you for no reason. Accept what you did and move on. Life is too short.

2011 Three Feathers, Pinecone
2005 Hunter HU-4, Fat Shadow - SOLD
1961 Body
Sarge
Teardrop Master

Postby Larwyn » Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:59 pm

Sarge wrote:Hey guys I just wanted some peace and quiet, not start WWIII. :)

BTW, I love accordian music, yodelling (which sound great together) and bigpipes. I DO NOT love men in kilts....I respect them, I do not love them. :lol:

-Sarge

Sarge,

You have great taste in music.... :)

As for respect, I'd settle for tollerace. :lol:
Real men wear kilts. :) because real women love men in kilts... :D
Larwyn

Larwyn
Mad Kilted Texan

Postby Big Guy with a Little Guy » Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:27 am

Bagpipes. Lawrence Welk. Organ Music.

Amateurs!

The ultimate weapon is a crying (WAILING) baby. And I can personally attest that no place on this planet has more of them than a Utah church on a Sunday morning.

Just get your tape recorder ready, sit behind one of those families with 14 children, make a scary face at the 9-month-old, the 18-month-old twins, and the 3-year-old, and hit the record button. (It's best to do this during a prayer so that no one sees what you're up to.)

Take the tape home and transfer it to a continuous loop on your CD burner. Like Ron Popeel says, "Set it, and forget it!" Your annoying camp neighbors will be gone in seconds.

Happy Trails!
Big Guy with a Little Guy
Not So Tiny Travel Trailer Dude

Postby Larwyn » Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:08 am

A quick sketch of an effective addition to the td for those times when the best defense is a good offense.... :lol:

Larwyn

Larwyn
Mad Kilted Texan

Postby Gage » Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:12 pm

Larwyn wrote:A quick sketch of an effective addition to the td for those times when the best defense is a good offense.... :lol:

That'll work :EXP :EXP :EXP :thumbsup:

Have a good day, I'm out looking for ear plugs :lol:
Gage
Image Image Image
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby alffink » Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:25 pm

Hey guys, I'm a day late on this, but the loud music, thats annoying but bright lights....that's just uncalled for, I'm an astronomer and bright lights never....I remember that a friend had just added his porch lights and I suggested that he use red bulds in the evening so as not to ruin his night vision, his wife said that she didn't care how far from civilization they were she wasn't going to hang a red lantern outside her door.

Anyway, enjoy your music at what evever volume, but please keep the lights turned down.

Al
alffink
Donating Member

Postby Nitetimes » Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:11 pm

Larwyn wrote: And maybe a spotlight on a turrent for those who bring along halogen worklights to light their campsite and the next 10 sites as well...??? :twisted:

But you need those lights to get a good look at the girls dancing on top of the RV's. Of course on a few occasions it would have been better not to have had a light. LOL
If you've ever been to a campground at a NASCAR race you'll find that all the rules pretty much go out the window. I think the only 2 rules they enforce are , don't get caught and no killin' and I'm not certain about the second one. It's definitely not a place to go for peace and quiet, it can be loads of fun but you don't get much sleep!

I have spent a lot of time in the national forests and that is extremely enjoyable when you are looking to get away and just listen to the animals. Those sounds at night don't bother me a bit, just sit around the campfire at night and listen to the critters chasing each other around. Always a good time.
Rich

ImageImage
-
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to
keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby TomS » Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:03 pm

Excuse us boys. Can you turn the music down please? My friend Betsy here gets tad irritable when she can't get to sleep.
Tom Swenson
[email protected]
TomS
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby emiller » Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:22 pm

:x Kind of like being parked next to someone using there gas powered blender at 1:00 in the morning.
emiller
Donating Member

Postby ALAN GEDDES » Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:33 pm

You haven't heard my brother in law snoring 2 sites over. No bears and no sleep. :lol:
Alan
ALAN GEDDES
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Larwyn » Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:55 pm

ALAN GEDDES wrote:You haven't heard my brother in law snoring 2 sites over. No bears and no sleep. :lol:

Alen,

When it comes to snoring I have been rated as world class.... :lol:
Perhaps my insulated td will contain some of the racket and give my neighbors a bit of relief in that department.... :lol:
Larwyn

Larwyn
Mad Kilted Texan

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion