Nice Interior

Postby vantexan » Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:27 pm

It isn't a teardrop but this might give you some interior ideas:

http://www.warmanarchitecture.com/van/

Wade :thinking:
vantexan
Teardrop Advisor

Postby purplepickup » Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:44 pm

Wade, I've had many home made van conversions and that one is a really functional design. I like it....it's well done and thought out. I especially think that having thru access to the back doors is necessary. You can put so much more stuff in them.

The favorite one I had was similar to that one except the bed pushed up against the wall and turned into a couch. Across from the bed/couch was a narrow set of cupboards with a small countertop and two flip up tables. The sink was behind the driver's seat like the one on that website. The first van I did was in '71 and I've still got vans but now they are more of a utility vehicle even tho they have flip down beds for crashing on road trips. Now I'm expanding my horizons into the world of tiny trailers....but I still have a special place in my heart for vans.

Thanks for the link. It brought back some great memories. I'm glad to see people are still vanning.
:)
George
purplepickup
Silver Donating Member

Postby vantexan » Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:10 am

Sure thing George. And thanks for the fold-up couch/bed idea!

Wade
vantexan
Teardrop Advisor

Postby purplepickup » Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:06 pm

This is a really crude drawing of how I made the couch. It had cushions and I just pulled the seat part out and the back fell flat to make a bed. There was storage under the base. It saved quite a bit of space and people could ride in the back sitting on the couch.

George
purplepickup
Silver Donating Member

Return to General Discussion