Intro

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Intro

Postby ceebe » Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:13 pm

Greetings,
Altho I have logged of to make a smart-aleck observation or 2, i mostly have been lurking, gleaning this forum for information. Today, I put my drawing board up and bit the bullet. I purchased a set of Cubby plans from Kuffel Creek. Harbor Freight will see me this weekend.
I have built airplanes from considerably less complete plans and drawings than the Cubby plans. I'm impressed :D
ceebe
Teardrop Master

Postby Scooter » Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:49 am

The Cubbys are great plans and a great resource. I changed mine quite a bit, to the point I no longer consider it a Cubby, but my own design. That's the way of the teardrop world. Change to suit your needs and you'll have something to be happy with. Good luck! :thumbsup:
The RoadCamper the old teardrop
Scooter
500 Club

Postby SteveH » Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:04 am

I have built airplanes from considerably less complete plans and drawings than the Cubby plans

ceebe,

Just wondering, what kind of airplanes have you built?
SteveH
Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby ceebe » Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:32 am

A Model A powered Corben Super Ace, a 100 hp Pitts ( built very light) and have returned a couple basket cases to the air. A monocoupe 125AL and a Tank powered Curtiss Robin. I currently get my play money by doing composite sailplane repairs
ceebe
Teardrop Master

Postby SteveH » Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:52 am

ceebe wrote:A Model A powered Corben Super Ace, a 100 hp Pitts ( built very light) and have returned a couple basket cases to the air. A monocoupe 125AL and a Tank powered Curtiss Robin. I currently get my play money by doing composite sailplane repairs

Cool. :thumbsup:

I've never done anything full scale, but been into RC for 25 years. Started with airplanes and now focus mainly on helicopters. Alway been too chicken to put my big fat body in unnesessary danger. :oops:
SteveH
Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby ceebe » Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:02 am

I started with RC a long time ago. Now all my modelling activity is Rubber Powered Scale and cardstock models. As far as danger goes. I have had a gilder trailer try to kill me in CA but the planes themselves seem so far to like me :D
ceebe
Teardrop Master

Postby asianflava » Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:24 pm

SteveH wrote:Started with airplanes and now focus mainly on helicopters. Alway been too chicken to put my big fat body in unnesessary danger. :oops:

I was IMing a buddy (he happens to be building an RV7-A) he got one of those electric IONs and was showing me the pictures. He said that there is a heli fun fly in Georgetown. The only problem is it's this weekend, the same weekend we are in Purdis Creek.

He said that Curtis Youngblood might be there. He told me that Curtis won the 2004 3D masters and watching him fly is unbelieveable.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby SteveH » Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:31 pm

He said that there is a heli fun fly in Georgetown. The only problem is it's this weekend, the same weekend we are in Purdis Creek.

Yes, I know. I would like to go to the funfly, but had the trip to Purtis Creek planned first. Just don't know what to do...too many toys....too little time to play with them all! :?
SteveH
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby ceebe » Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:56 pm

I became quite adept at test crashing my R/C hellcopeter. But i have a rubber band free flight one that flies just fine!
ceebe
Teardrop Master

Postby SteveH » Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:08 pm

Helicopters are challenging. That's what makes them fun, IMHO. Don't know who said it first, but there's an old saying about helicopters, "If something hasn't gone wrong with your helicopter, it's about to."
SteveH
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Return to General Discussion