120vAC, do you use it?

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

120vAC, do you use it?

Postby superfly8 » Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:06 pm

I was wondering if anyone uses shore power or a generator to charge thier batteries or run anything that needs AC. I want to install a convection/microwave that needs AC, and i'm going to install an entertainment system that am affraid will drain the battery if the trip is more than 2 or 3 days.
If you do use a generator or shore power what converter/charger do you use, and what generator do you recomend(i was thinking the honda i2000eu)?
All comments are welcome
Thanks SF
Troy
superfly8
Teardrop Inspector

Postby engled » Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:25 pm

I have a Microwave, air conditioner, and home theater that runs of 110/shore power. I also have a charger to recharge the battery. The lights, vent fan and LCD run off of the battery. I have a plug underneath the tear to plug shore power into. I don't plan on camping any where I dont have shore power.
Last edited by engled on Fri Jun 11, 2004 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
engled
Teardrop Advisor

Postby mikeschn » Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:46 pm

My larger teardrop is 100% shore power. I have a power supply that converts everything down to 12VDC for the lights and fan. In the future I am planning on adding a solar panel and a deep cycle battery.

I wouldn't run a generator in a campground, you'll get the neighbors pissed off at you.

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Joseph » Fri Jun 11, 2004 5:38 am

Can't help any there - I only use the trailer battery, which charges off the truck alternator. If I were to install shore power, it would simply be an interior socket for a CD player (really nothing more than a built-in extension cord), but for now if I want camp music, I'll play the CD player off it's own batteries.

Joseph
Joseph
Teardrop Pirate

Return to General Discussion