Dressing room off teardrop

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby beverlyt » Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:15 pm

Mike,
How come you still have to "click" to the link... how do you get yours to just magically appear?
Bev
beverlyt
500 Club

Postby Larry Messaros » Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:14 pm

Bev, you have a space between [img]and%20http:%20as%20well%20as%20jpg%20and[/img]. There can't be any spaces in the link.

with no spaces it looks like this............

Hope this helps.
Larry Messaros
:snow
Cariboo Country: If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes!
Larry Messaros
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Shrug53 » Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:38 pm

Actually you forgot to close the tag.
Right now you have the open tag as [img]and%20the%20closing%20tag%20is%20the%20same.%20%20The%20closing%20tag%20needs%20to%20be[/img] you have to remember that /

:)
"Better living through reckless experimentation"
http://www.forgottenclassics.com
Shrug53
500 Club

Postby Larry Messaros » Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:54 pm

Shrug53 wrote:Actually you forgot to close the tag.
Right now you have the open tag as [img]and%20the%20closing%20tag%20is%20the%20same.%20%20The%20closing%20tag%20needs%20to%20be[/img] you have to remember that /

:)

Oops, missed that one as well. :oops:

What you can do is copy the link, then click on the "Img" button, paste the link then click on the "Img" button again and it should work with the proper formatting.
Larry Messaros
:snow
Cariboo Country: If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes!
Larry Messaros
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Nick Taylor » Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:00 pm

Beverly,

You want to make sure there are no spaces betwen the img tags and the address.

When you go to post a message there is an Img button. Click it once and it puts the first tag in, then just type or paste the address, the click the button button again to add the closer tag.

Nick.
Nick Taylor
The 300 Club

Postby OurStuff4You » Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:11 am

Like this? :P
OurStuff4You
Donating Member

Postby Chip » Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:51 am

Sweet looking Metro,,just wondering, any plans for matching paint??? nice looking set up

chip
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby OurStuff4You » Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:22 pm

No, I don't think so - not with this trailer. It looks like I may have just sold it to the builder's family (thanks Nick for the info!). They'll put the paint back to original. We'll be buying another trailer, but I'm afraid the new one will be too heavy to pull with the Met. They're not power-beasts I'm afraid. :D When we originally bought the trailer our intention was to match the paint - then we found out more about it and decided not to molest it further. Thanks for the compliment tho. We're going to have the set-up at Greenfield Village (Henry Ford Museum) this weekend and a show next weekend at Sloan Museum. Should be fun!

Rhonda
OurStuff4You
Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:31 pm

Maybe it's time to build one from scratch, to match to tow vehicle... both weight and color scheme!!! comeon, you know you can do it!!! :P

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Nick Taylor » Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:41 pm

mikeschn wrote:Maybe it's time to build one from scratch, to match to tow vehicle... both weight and color scheme!!! comeon, you know you can do it!!! :P

Mike...

That sounds like a great idea! Make a 3/4 scale trailer for a 3/4 scale car.

When I was a kid, my parents had a pink and white Met and we used to see how many of the six kids in the family could fit in it. That poor little car got overloaded a few times. My dad still tells the story of when the old Buick broke down and he towed it home with the Met.

I hope everything works out for you Rhonda and let me know if the deal goes through on the Benroy. Glad I could help.

Nick.
Nick Taylor
The 300 Club

Postby OurStuff4You » Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:01 pm

Maybe it's time to build one from scratch, to match to tow vehicle... both weight and color scheme!!! comeon, you know you can do it!!!

Oh sure ... that's what we need is ANOTHER project! Actually, between you, me and the rest of the forum I'd love to build our own mini-Benroy. We've looked at smaller motorcycle teardrop trailers to pull behind it when we drive to shows in other states. Building one to match would be a hoot. I'm wondering could a smaller one still be made with a hatch and to sleep in, yet be lighter to pull. Hmmm, 2 trailers - one for when we have the kids .. a tear for when we don't..... :wink:

Of course, we're also trying to talk our neighbor into giving us his old Kelvinator chest freezer that gave up the ghost last year. He has illusions of repairing it - but we want to convert it to a trailer for the Met. Take all the guts out, put it on a frame, etc. Since Kelvinator merged with Nash it would be "in the family" for the Met.

Nick, I talked to Dennis today and he's 99% sure they're going to buy it. We're trying to find an economical way to get it from Michigan to California. As much as I didn't want to sell it, knowing it's going to Bennett's family makes it MUCH easier. I really appreciate the head's up. Dennis did say he went to your website to view all the photos. That was a huge help since he couldn't get to the ones on Yahoo. I'll keep you posted if they buy it or not.

Rhonda
OurStuff4You
Donating Member

Postby Nick Taylor » Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:02 pm

I hope you're not planning on camping in that kelvinator!

You could make a small trailer with a hatch and a kitchen counter that the bed would slip under instead of the icebox and cabinets. You could even put some met wheels and hubcaps on it.

We gotta find a way to keep you guys in the club you know.

Nick.
Nick Taylor
The 300 Club

Postby OurStuff4You » Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:43 am

Oh we're sticking around Nick! We're buying another camper this summer - I just don't know what yet. Something that will hold us and our two 11 year old boys. We'll start shopping next month - this month is too crazy.

The Kelvinator would be to haul things when we travel to shows. We have exclusive Met items that we sell (as well as some other vintage cars) and it's hard to haul it, plus our clothes, tools, spare parts, etc. in that little Met boot. I really like the idea of a smaller/lighter tear to pull with the Met though for those weekends away with the hubby. Guess I need to start "dropping hints". :P
OurStuff4You
Donating Member

Postby OurStuff4You » Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:46 am

Do you think something like this would work???

http://tnttt.com/album_ ... pic_id=213
OurStuff4You
Donating Member

Postby Steve Frederick » Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:14 am

oops, should have looked at the second page sooner!
Blessings, Steve
Adirondacks, Upstate New York
Building Journals
The Shop Manual's 8-years old!! Thank's everyone!
New! 'Rondack Lodge Plans!Order Here!
Steve Frederick
Custom Teardrop Builder

Location: Upstate New York, Adirondacks (Great Sacandaga Lake)

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion