Cabin floor, Linoleum or Carpet?

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby IraRat » Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:18 pm

mikeschn wrote:
IraRat wrote:Neither of us have actually slept in one of these yet, and I don't think we realize how small it is. I mean, it's not like we're going to be running LAPS in there.

They can be small, then again, they can be comfortable... depends on what you want... While I agree you probably can't run around in them, they can be plenty comfortable for sitting and sleeping...

Mike...

Okay, Mike--but that's not a photo of a CUBBY! (Or else you have one heck of a wide angle lens.)
--Ira

"My HD and Wal-Mart have been out of Titebond for weeks, and I think it's a communist conspiracy."
IraRat
Forum Storyteller

Postby Big Guy with a Little Guy » Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:32 pm

If you want simple and removable, how about three pieces of masonite 2' x 4' (for a 4' trailer) with the carpet or whatever you choose glued to each piece. They would fit snugly together, wouldn't move, and could be removed when needed for cleaning, changing colors, whatever. That would mean you don't have to finish the deck, you just plop three nicely fitting pieces of flooring in and slap the mattress down on top.

That way the tear could be used for light utility work as well, such as gathering fire wood or hauling crap to (or from) the thrift store, and you wouldn't have to worry about messing up your floor.
Big Guy with a Little Guy
Not So Tiny Travel Trailer Dude

Postby Shiro » Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:12 am

I have carpet in my Tourmaster. The only problem I have had is when it got wet -- bad door weatherstripping, which has been remedied. Carpet takes a long time to dry. I ended up putting a small electric heater in the cabin to make sure the carpet was completely dry. I was concerned that it would remain wet and mildew or damage the plywood underneath
Shiro
Teardrop Advisor

Postby len19070 » Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:11 pm

Greg
Yes it is just a sheet of 5/8" plywood. Driveway sealer painted on the bottom and Vinyl flooring on top. I don't insulate my floors because I think that a 4" foam mattress is insulation enough.

Happy Trails

Len
:peace: :peace: :peace: :peace: :peace:
http://s26.photobucket.com/user/len1907 ... 20trailers

"If you do good things, good things will happen to you"..... Earl Hickey
len19070
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby mikeschn » Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:30 pm

IraRat wrote:Okay, Mike--but that's not a photo of a CUBBY! (Or else you have one heck of a wide angle lens.)

Well, you're right... that's not a cubby... it's my Baja Benroy... but I thought we were talking about comfort...

And no, you can't run around the table... for that you have to use my T@B. :laughter:

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Discussion