Thanks !

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby Wild Mike » Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:13 pm

Bufordt ... I had to update my profile. I didn't have the email checked to show up.

Please send me an email with your address and I drop one in the mail for you after work today.

OH Yeah ... an Chip ... after being married to me for 31 years in Oct ... she's used to something a bit out of the ordinary from me and those I associate with :roll: :roll:
Wild Mike
Wild Mike
Teardrop Advisor

Postby DANL » Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:25 pm

Hey, Wild Mike,

I love that trailer! It's sitting on a 40" by 48" frame... right? Everytime I pass that size trailer kit at Menard's I think about your's and I want my own 40x48 (74) inch trailer. $159 for a trailer and something extra for materials--WOW. Guess I'd better finish the current project first but I think there will be one in my future -- if only for the sheer fun of doing it.
The tiny trailer in the avatar is designed to carry our recumbents and sometimes sleep in. We LOVE having a kitchen in the woods and a place for most of our gear.
Dan Jones http://sunsetlanding.com/teardrop/teardrop_intro.html
DANL
Donating Member

Postby Wild Mike » Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:36 pm

Dan ... It's actually on an old pop up trailer frame that measures about 36" x 48" I did buy new 12" rims and tires to replace the old and cracked 8" ones.

Not a lot of time involved ... about the only thing I would do different is to use a slightly bigger radius in the rear. The 1/8" interior ply did complain a bit and I have a very small crack in it.

Wild Mike
Wild Mike
Teardrop Advisor

Previous

Return to General Discussion