Thanks !

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Thanks !

Postby Wild Mike » Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:37 am

Ya know ... I really appreciate you guys and gals! :D The way you are ready to share ideas and tips.

I was posting on this and the other teardrop list and everytime you guys stepped up to the plate and gave me your experience or ideas. The other list just ignores my post ... I guess because I have no galley I'm not a real tear builder. :?

I asked about how to attach the ceiling panels and I got a bunch of replies from here ... there - not one reply

Same with my first campout ... replies from this great group ... nothing from them.

I'll keep reading their list and use what I can from them ... but I don't think I'll bother them again. :shock:

Thanks again for starting this innovative list !
Wild Mike
Wild Mike
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Gage » Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:53 am

Well excuse me Mike. But didn't you post about your first night out just yesterday? I've seen post on this board go two and three days without a reply and right now not every one knows where the other board is at.

"I asked about how to attach the ceiling panels and I got a bunch of replies from here ... there - not one reply" Strange, that's one question I don't remember seeing on the other board. Maybe I was out doing something else like camping in my teardrop. But I know that you were getting responses to your questions. Heck, a few of my questions didn't get an answer. I'd just post them again on a different day and wala, I'd get answers. Not every one with the answers you might need is on the boards all the time and might not have seen the question when they came on the board. So think what you might but be careful what you say. So with that said, when are you going to start your next tear per momma's specs. :lol: From reading your post on this board, it sounds like she's ready to try some camping in a teardrop.

Have a good day,
8) Gage
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby mikeschn » Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:58 am

Gage wrote: when are you going to start your next tear per momma's specs. :lol: From reading your post on this board, it sounds like she's ready to try some camping in a teardrop.
8) Gage

Good question Wild Mike... are you going to join the 2nd teardrop club? And what are the specs on the second one? And what did Momma spec out? Pink lacy curtains & bedspread , flowers under the window, and heart shaped candles on the shelf on the inside? Where's a good photo artist when you need one! :D

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Wild Mike » Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:24 am

Sorry :oops: I quess that when I see 4-6 replies to a post newer than mine I figure that no ones going to anwser it as it falls farther down the page. And yes they did respound to a few of my earlier post asking where the galley was. With the old server shutting down I can't give you the post number or date that I asked about the ceiling panels. Again ... I appologize if I sounded like I was Ranting against the other list. I was just trying to point out that this list is a little more open minded as it includeds ideas and modifications that differ from a "normal" treadrop. As my wife will testify too ... I'm anything but normal 8) :wink:

As far as building the next tear ... I haven't finished this one yet ! :lol: :lol: I still have to put in a few shelves and build some fenders. My wife likes this one just fine ... I think the only thing I might have to do is add the A/C if the temps ever get above 70 this summer. :lol:

Thanks again,
Wild Mike
Wild Mike
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Chip » Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:30 am

dang Mike,,still want to see bull hornes on the front,,lol : :lol:

chip
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Re: Thanks !

Postby Joseph » Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:40 am

Wild Mike wrote:I asked about how to attach the ceiling panels and I got a bunch of replies from here ... there - not one reply

I didn't answer you on either forum because IIRC you asked how to do it without glue. I used glue so I had no answer for you.

Joseph
Joseph
Teardrop Pirate

Postby Wild Mike » Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:49 am

Ok ... Chip ... how's this ?

Hope this works.

Wild Mike
Wild Mike
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Wild Mike » Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:49 am

Aaaaagh ... guess it didn't :oops:

Wild Mike
Wild Mike
Teardrop Advisor

Postby mikeschn » Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:51 am

Chip wrote:dang Mike,,still want to see bull hornes on the front,,lol : :lol:

chip

You mean something like this...

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Chip » Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:53 am

dont think of them as sharp pointed animal parts,,more of the politically corect western motief towel rack

chip
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby BufordT » Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:53 am

Mike that sure is one neat little tear. I sure hope you have a templete of it made up as you might get a few request. Me being one.

Bufordt :twisted:
"RUSH" The Man, The Legend, The Way Of Life.
BufordT
2nd Teardrop Club

Postby Wild Mike » Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:54 am

Man your fast ... and good too ! I like that idea ! It is much better than what my friend was threatening to do to it. He wanted to paint it like a turtle and put a bobbing turtle head on it. :roll:

Wild Mike
Wild Mike
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Chip » Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:59 am

Mike there ya go,,,,thats the picture,,it is definately unique,,and wild mike would have one of a kind hood ornament,,,now if he just mounted a couple of led bulbs in the eye sockets as running lights he could be legal :lol: :lol:

chip

p/s wild mike we gonna fix you up yet,,course your better half may give up camping before you you even get her out,,
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Wild Mike » Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:01 pm

Bufordt ... I did draw it up in AutoCAD so I do have a pattern for you to mess around with. Could even send a full size print if you don't have AutoCAD.

Wild Mike
Wild Mike
Teardrop Advisor

Postby BufordT » Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:02 pm

Wild Mike wrote:Bufordt ... I did draw it up in AutoCAD so I do have a pattern for you to mess around with. Could even send a full size print if you don't have AutoCAD.

Wild Mike

Mike I don't have AutoCAD. How about sending me a full size print?

Thanks

Bufordt :twisted:
"RUSH" The Man, The Legend, The Way Of Life.
BufordT
2nd Teardrop Club

Next

Return to General Discussion