Harbor Freight wrench set.

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby angib » Sun Jun 12, 2005 5:06 am

Larwyn wrote:.....I was well on my way to developing nice hadwritting with a fountain pen untill.....

That's number six in the excellent list of reasons why the world is coming to an end that I linked to from another topic. It hasn't harmed you too much, I hope? 8)

Andrew
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby len19070 » Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:23 am

I also have some very good Tools at work. But at home my box is full of Harbor Freight tools. I have a $150 cordless drill I use at work. I also have at home a HF 18V drill that I paid $25 bucks for 5 years ago with an extra battery. Will they both do the same Job...NO, maybe in a pinch but not for long. But I don't need $300 worth of cordless drills either. Yes they are not the best quality BUT as long as you KNOW that and use them accordingly they will last.

Happy Trails

Len
:peace: :peace: :peace: :peace: :peace:
http://s26.photobucket.com/user/len1907 ... 20trailers

"If you do good things, good things will happen to you"..... Earl Hickey
len19070
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Larwyn » Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:57 am

angib wrote:
Larwyn wrote:.....I was well on my way to developing nice hadwritting with a fountain pen untill.....

That's number six in the excellent list of reasons why the world is coming to an end that I linked to from another topic. It hasn't harmed you too much, I hope? 8)

Andrew

Not harmed at all Andrew. But that is just one more bit of "progress" which though inferior to what it replaced, was so convient to use that people came to accept the medocrity of results in exchange for the convience of use.
Larwyn

Keeper of the Most Out Of Control Shop (2005)

I feel bad for the man that cannot spell a word more than one way. Mark Twain
Larwyn
Mad Kilted Texan

Postby sseibe » Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:39 pm

I work for Sears, and get a discount. I always look there first, but there is a strange magnetic force that makes me stop at the HF store looking for good deals. Sometimes HF has such a deal that it can't be passed up.
sseibe
Teardrop Inspector

Postby BILLYL » Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:14 am

I've bought several pieces from HF and I agree you need to be careful. I recently picked up some air tools and their 14.4v drill. Stuff works great and I must say - if I use it 3 to 4 times a year an investment of $20 for a cordless drill and not the $300 makes more sense to me.

The stuff isn't that bad.

BILL :roll:
"If your children ever find out how lame you really are, they'll
gonna murder you in your sleep...." Frank Zappa
BILLYL
Donating Member

Postby Brad Lustig » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:06 am

I have the same issue with my tape measure. I think someone moves it while I'm using it.

My screwdrivers and socket sets are the same way, too. Another issue I have are with my hammers. I have collected probably about 6-8 hammers over the years. I can't find a single one when it comes time to drive a nail.

As far as HF tools. The only real tool I've bought from them that wasn't a "brand" name was a shop jack. Raises really well, but when it comes to lowering, the bottom drops out and the car falls to the ground. I about broke my shoulder the first time I used it since the jackpoint was fairly far back in the car. I have bought other tools from them at a nice discount, but they were brand name.
Brad Lustig
Teardrop Master

Postby D. Tillery » Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:03 pm

Asianflava, Nice set of tools. That is the cleanest, most organized chest I've seen in a long time. You need help man....Or most likely, I do!

Yep, you gotta cherry pick the HF stuff and buy it on the super sales. I can not recommend their rolling welding carts and shelving. I spent much time adding bracing. That is what kinda scares me about the trailer but I hear of mostly satisfied customers.

D. Tillery
half-moved from SA to Providence
D. Tillery
D. Tillery
Teardrop Master

Postby bledsoe3 » Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:33 am

I agree some of their stuff is OK. I bought a welder from them that wouldn't melt butter. I promptly returned it and went and bought a better one (someplace else). I hope I have better luck with the chop saw and drill press.
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Previous

Return to General Discussion