First Trip

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

First Trip

Postby jlrelp » Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:14 pm

After 10 months of work and a little blood, the Tear Drop was finished May the first. Plan a trip for Memorial day weekend at Cloudcroft, NM.

After a fast trip back from Mexico , and a too days of rainng. We started out on the trip. Had a small leak and the inside was a little wet. fter drying out bed sheets we took off. Cloudcroft is 7300 feet high in the Lincoln National forest.

photos of trip at www.richarjl.itgo.com

had a great time.
John
jlrelp
Teardrop Advisor

Postby beverlyt » Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:31 pm

John,
So glad to see you got your tear finished and out camping! Great photos..I even tried your teardrop chat room but since I was the only there, had to talk to myself:) Looks like you had a great time and it looks really good!

Where did the leak in your tear originate? We've never been out in ours in the rain yet, so who knows....

Bev
beverlyt
500 Club

Postby Jan Keller » Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:51 pm

I love Cloudcroft!! I've spent a few evenings, in the bar, at the Hotel!!!
For a few years, I lived in Las Cruces, so thanks for the memories!!
Jan
Camp-Inn 2005
Jan Keller
Teardrop Master

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:45 pm

Isn't Cloudcroft the best place.....You are lucky to be so close. We used to go to Cloudcroft 4 or more times a year. Took the Coca Cola Teardrop there last summer. Wouldn't it be a great place for a teardrop gathering. Love the pics. Thanks,
Linda and Charles
Coca Cola Teardrop
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby GeorgeT » Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:33 pm

cool lookin' trailer. Cloudcroft brings back memories from earlier years. I was raised in Hobbs, NM. We went deer huntin' every year in the Lincoln National Forest. We turned off the highway at a little hiccup in the road called High Rolls just a few miles west of Cloudcroft. Then it was a 22 mile trip on a harrowing jeep road south to Joplin Ridge. Elevation there was 9 or 10,000 feet or so. Above the timberline and thin air. We could easily see all of White Sands below us. At night we could see the lights of Las Cruces and El Paso. Some good friends also from Hobbs NM owned the Cloudcroft Inn there. I can still smell the air and hear the wind in the trees to this day. I live in Austin these days. Maybe a trip in my new little camper to Cloudcroft would be nice. Great pics on your site. :thumbsup:
Lookin' up in da skize with ize on da prize
http://home.earthlink.net/~g.teague/
GeorgeT
The 300 Club

Postby Nitetimes » Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:58 pm

I used to go up to Cloudcroft every weekend to get out of the desert when I lived in Alamagetto. Was stationed at Holloman for two years. Cloudcroft was nice, it was the closest thing to real weather you could get around there, but the town pretty much sucked.
Rich

ImageImage
-
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to
keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby jlrelp » Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:58 pm

Have just time now to answer the reply. Coldcroft was a real great place did not know this many people new about it. That will be a nice place for a get together. Maybe we can plan a trip there. JUst let me know when.

Thinking about adding a bike rack on the TD as any one done that. any comments. Well have to go now .
John
jlrelp
Teardrop Advisor

Return to General Discussion