Trial run..

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Trial run..

Postby hammer & tongs » Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:35 pm

Took our trial run...visiting our grandson and his bride at Camp Lejeune.
We left western NY state on tuesday...expecting a leisurely trip..
But my grandson called our cell phone, telling us that instead of shipping out on Saturday morning, they were shipping out on Thursday morning...so we had to rush. He was going on advanced training, deploying in the fall..
The little teardrop towed so nicely...no sway from passing trucks , trailed true and didn't change the gas mileage much.
My new '05 Ranger (4 cyl, 5 sp manual) pulled it easily at speeds up to 75 or so.

One warning though...on those Tractor Supply trailers...don't trust those cheap little plastic license plate holders...lost my plate on the way home...
" By whose stripes you were healed ."
(1 Peter 2:24b )
hammer & tongs
Teardrop Master

Postby Cutterpup » Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:51 pm

:thumbsup: Congrads on a good first trip. It won't be long before we make our maiden voyage as well.
Judy
Cutterpup
Teardrop Master

Postby brickz » Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:53 pm

Pete, way to go! glad it went so well. I rechecked my milage after I talked to you and it affected it more than I thought. About 2.5 to 3 mpg but I also drive a little slower with tear. congrats again and look forward to seeing pics. brickz
"A single accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions" - Admiral Grace Hopper
brickz
Donating Member

Postby hammer & tongs » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:35 am

John;
My mileage dropped by perhaps 3-4 mpg....but with new truck, I haven't checked it' mileage yet.
This Ranger, if it's like all I have owned so far, should get close to 30 mpg, so we're still not in a hurt...

I want to thank you for stopping by on your way through...it gave me further impetus to "Git 'er Done"...

I'm putting photos in the mail this morning. I've asked you to use either one of two to put up as my avatar if you can (because I can't) any better than I can post the pics....LOL

Moderator: note I asked John to put an avatar in for me if you can allow that.

Again John...Thanks....Pete
" By whose stripes you were healed ."
(1 Peter 2:24b )
hammer & tongs
Teardrop Master

Return to General Discussion