Heating trailer with Kerosene lamp + vent pipe?

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:58 pm

:o Combustibles use up oxygen and leave a whole bunch of carbon monoxide. I suggest an air tight anything inside.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_monoxide_poisoning

Not an issue for me because I really don't want to sleep with the light on.. :?
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby slowcowboy » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:15 pm

Hello. bob. I got mine off ebay. its though way smaller only 8 inches high and will probaly burn twigs.

I am so small plumbing pipe like copper will make my stove pipes!!!!!!

sales man samples got me mine for 14 dollars out of canada.

I thought about a wood stove with my little 8 inch high verson in my galley in back to sit on my counter top and warm me up a cup of coffee as it will heat the cup only in the morings.

Like I said this bugger is tiney.

I have thought a bout a cabnet inside my teardrop and pipe by plumbing pipe or electrical condutit the smoke and fumes outside the teardrop thoug the roof or wall.

I am used to a wood stove. Us cowboys don't chicken out on wood stoves. I am used to a normal size one though and burning big fat rolls of the casper, wyoming sunday news papers in them. Just keep pouring at cow camp the bacon grease down in the lid on the pot belly stove and do it all of august then on the first big snow in septimber on the big horns. and when you come in wet from riding and gathering cows. you pop a news paper log or two in the old pot belly all with the august bacon greease and lighter her up. add 3 or 4 more news paper rolls and open all the doors and windows!!!!!! heeeeee!! even if it is still a full blizzard outside. you then go stand out side on the proch in the snow and get pletinty warm I mean fast!!!!!!

ah the life of the good old days in my 20s.

any way. I have not installed m little 8 inch high pot belly stove in my teardrop yet. Have not decided where to put it or how to put it in yet. about 3/4 electrical conduct fits it for the stove pipe. if bent properly. don't know what the heck to do for a damper.

and have tought real hard about how small it is just to make it portable with no stove pipe and just set it on my side table out side in the morings to warm up coffe or whatever. Slowcowboy.
Plans. there was supposed to be plans to be followed when I built this thing. Opps! AH, gee, tum,tee tum. I think I forgot about the plans 2 years ago. ------Tow vehicles, 1995 ford explore, 1994 ford ranger, 1993 ford F-150, 2009 4x9 Off road teardrop, on harbor freight greatly modified frame.
slowcowboy
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby Wimperdink » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:45 am

Thanks Bob and if I had the cash to do it right now, I would not share this... http://cgi.ebay.com/SMALL-ANTIQUE-DOLL- ... 0503290239

ad states 14" high... should be identical. Sure wish I had the extra dough cause that would be on its way to my house. :)
Image You know a man is on the level if his bubble is in the middle.
Wimperdink
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby TimJones » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:51 am

Do not care how careful you are open combustion in a tear is not safe. YOU ARE ASKING FOR TROUBLE. Now let the lambasting begin.
Tim and Judy
------------------------
TimJones
Teardrop Master

Postby bobhenry » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:27 am

TimJones wrote:Do not care how careful you are open combustion in a tear is not safe. YOU ARE ASKING FOR TROUBLE. Now let the lambasting begin.

Some boy scout you are ! Turn in your firemaking merit badge !
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby bobhenry » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:31 am

Wimperdink wrote:Thanks Bob and if I had the cash to do it right now, I would not share this... http://cgi.ebay.com/SMALL-ANTIQUE-DOLL- ... 0503290239

ad states 14" high... should be identical. Sure wish I had the extra dough cause that would be on its way to my house. :)

$10.00 starting bid :shock: :shock: :shock:

This is identical to mine. And yes it is a fully functional pot belly stove!

I was lucky an got mine just under $80.00 shipping and all :thumbsup:
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby slowcowboy » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:23 pm

ah, interesting bob. I wonder how much it will go for. I am glad I am shipping calfs to be sold in riverton at the sale barn tommorow. Wander if I can get enough out of one calf tommorow to be able to afford a little splurgiing!!!!

one trouble bob with your stove I have onely one door. I might need to get out past the stove in the middle of the night qucik. I take it you do have 2 doors. so when the stove is matted up to the door you can still get out I bet.

I am real tempted if I can get at least a 1.47 a pound on my calfs tommor in riverton I think I can spare some dough. that is if I am wieghing like around 400 a pound on them. Its a pain when you have bills to pay and have to live on it with no job. SLowcowboy.
Plans. there was supposed to be plans to be followed when I built this thing. Opps! AH, gee, tum,tee tum. I think I forgot about the plans 2 years ago. ------Tow vehicles, 1995 ford explore, 1994 ford ranger, 1993 ford F-150, 2009 4x9 Off road teardrop, on harbor freight greatly modified frame.
slowcowboy
7000 Club
7000 Club

Re: Heating trailer with Kerosene lamp + vent pipe?

Postby Wellcraft290 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:35 pm

Wellcraft290
Teardrop Advisor

Re: Heating trailer with Kerosene lamp + vent pipe?

Postby GuitarPhotog » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:58 pm

Wellcraft290 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT8YeL8JQxY

This thread is over 10 years old, many of the original participants are gone.
GuitarPhotog
Silver Donating Member

Previous

Return to General Discussion