more stuff....

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby tdthinker » Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:55 pm

Cool, through a get to gether next year to if it works out this year. I would realy like to come to it. I probly wont get building my tear till this winter. I planed to start now but it just isnt going to happen. If anyone has grasshopper scetches or plans please send them to me at [email protected] or private message me, thanks, bye
Ryan
tdthinker
500 Club

Postby rambler65 » Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:06 pm

When all else fails, you can't beat the power of just ONE HORSE.
"Fish is the only food that is considered spoiled once it smells like what it is." pj o'rourke
rambler65
Teardrop Inspector

Postby tdthinker » Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:13 pm

It is a phone booth on a golf cart. Call collect? Lol, It is for bussines on the range, lol.
Ryan
tdthinker
500 Club

Postby mikeschn » Sat Jul 03, 2004 4:25 am

tdthinker wrote:Cool, through a get to gether next year to if it works out this year. I would realy like to come to it. I probly wont get building my tear till this winter. I planed to start now but it just isnt going to happen. If anyone has grasshopper scetches or plans please send them to me at [email protected] or private message me, thanks, bye

Well Ryan,

There is this one...

and there is this one...

oh yes, here's one also...

Mike...

P.S. These images are not designed for printing...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby OurStuff4You » Sat Jul 03, 2004 11:40 am

I LOVE Microcars ... of course, I'm weird. :D
OurStuff4You
Donating Member

MicroCars

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 04, 2004 7:12 pm

My uncle had three of those. It is an Isetta. He had a flat roof garage and the football team put one of them on the roof. He didn't think it was very funny. His cute daughters, my cousins, giggles for a week.

Postby tdthinker » Sun Jul 04, 2004 11:07 pm

Thanks for the plans mike but I cant read them very whell. I also have only seen grasshoppers with the fronts boxy not curved, I thought that is a road toad. Can you please help me and tell me the differances? Thanks
Ryan
tdthinker
500 Club

Grasshopper PDF's

Postby mikeschn » Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:31 am

Ryan,

The grasshopper look-alike that Buford built has a sharp front corner instead of a curved one. I believe Buford did that to simplify the application of frp. Either way works, just depends on the aesthetics that appeal to you the most plus your intended method of finishing.

Here are 3 pdf's that I made for Buford. I can't find the original CAD files, so this is all there is.

http://www.mikenchell.com/images/80grasshopper.pdf
http://www.mikenchell.com/images/93grasshopper.pdf
http://www.mikenchell.com/images/95grasshopper.pdf

BTW, you were asking in another thread which CAD program to use... I'd suggest downloading TurboCAD and practicing with that. It's not that expensive, and I'll bet you could talk your parents into buying that for you.

http://www.imsisoft.com/

Of course, if they won't buy it for you, you can get an older copy on ebay for really cheap...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 3685773674

BTW, if you can come up with a set of plans like Andrew has been doing for the trailer you want to build, it'll help you stay on track, and it'll also help you get any additional funding you need from your parents! :wink:

Mike...
Last edited by mikeschn on Mon Jul 05, 2004 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby mikeschn » Mon Jul 05, 2004 6:05 am

Hey, guess what I just found... FREE!!!

TurboCAD learning edition... It's like version 4 something, but it is free, and it works. You have to register it with TurboCAD but even that functionality is still there and it still works... and it's still free I ran it this morning... :o

So who wants it? :wink:

I have a link to the program, but it's 28 megs. If you can handle downloading a 28 meg file, just email me, and I'll give you the link off line.

Mike...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby angib » Mon Jul 05, 2004 7:12 am

Yeah, that free version of TurboCAD is often there, but can be real difficult to find - they don't advertise it much, for obvious reasons.

Even v4 is absolutely all you need for 2D drawings - though like any 'tool' once you get used to it, all the bells and whistles in v10 start to look appealing.

And of course, you can then download all the .tcw (native TurboCAD drawing) files from my site...

Andrew
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby tdthinker » Mon Jul 05, 2004 2:13 pm

I want the free turbo cad, and I am cheecking out mikes links right now, bye
Ryan
tdthinker
500 Club

Postby Nick Taylor » Sat Jul 10, 2004 8:09 pm

Look what I found in the junk yard today. It was with cars they're holding for sale but don't know how much they want for it.

It's a Lloyd 600 Van. Made in Germany. The body has a wood frame with the sheetmetal nailed to it. Front wheel drive.

Here is a picture of a restored one.

Needs one of those Picolo teardrops behind it.

Nick.
Nick Taylor
The 300 Club

Postby jay » Sun Jul 11, 2004 6:24 am

cunnin' ain't it!
jay
Donating Member

Postby Grant » Sun Jul 11, 2004 10:35 am

Nick!

Are you gonna buy it? Or, are you just teasin' us with it? ;-} ;-}
Ooooohhh, the possibilities!
I'd forgo the Piccolo, though, and go straight for the Eis.

CHEERS!

Grant
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're on Teardrop Time" ... so kick back and focus on the Good Stuff!
Grant
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby Scooter » Sun Jul 11, 2004 10:45 am

That thing looks like a cross between a VW bug and a VW van, the old hippie kind 8)
The RoadCamper the old teardrop
Scooter
500 Club

Previous

Return to General Discussion