Water tank, cutting board and stove

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Water tank, cutting board and stove

Postby mexican tear » Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:20 pm

Thse three thing are in. The facing will come later, I hope.

Check them out.

Check them out in my photo album below.
"Essie" and the Mexican Tear
mexican tear
Donating Member

Postby beverlyt » Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:30 pm

Kai,
Love the slideouts! That stove is really going to be nice to have!

And hey, darn if that ain't a nice coffeepot you've got there. Mine lost it's shine about 20 years ago!

Bev
beverlyt
500 Club

Postby Shrug53 » Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:33 pm

It really does look great. Looks like things you would find in a much larger camper. That stove is great! Wish I could find one locally!
"Better living through reckless experimentation"
http://www.forgottenclassics.com
Shrug53
500 Club

Postby mexican tear » Fri Aug 06, 2004 5:13 pm

I think that the stove is only sold in Mexico and Canada. They are pretty easy to find down here. I used super slides for the stove so that it would not move around when you use it.

The coffee pot has not been used yet, I'll bet that it will not have its shine the first time we use it. The upper shelves, not yet built, is going to be just big enough to hold the pot.
mexican tear
Donating Member

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:40 pm

M.T.,
How big of a pizza will you be able to bake in the oven? The cost of that range sure sounds way better than what is offered here in the states. (And it looks a little more compact) Nice job on the slides! Next time I'm down that way, I'll have to check out a WalMart on the other side of the border.
You know, coffee is my drug of choice. I mix my own blend of beans, grind them just befor making a cup and I use a coffee press. Doesn't anyone else use a coffee press?

Postby tdthinker » Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:48 pm

we have a few old press's around. We use steam for cappichinos and expressos.
Ryan
tdthinker
500 Club

Postby mexican tear » Sat Aug 07, 2004 3:50 pm

Dean in Eureka, CA

We have some great mexican beans here from Xalapa, that do not need to be mixed (Bola de oro, ball of gold). I do grind them in an old Kitchen-aid grinder. I just bought a new model A-9 (Almost the same as the old ones). We keep a travel trailer in Brownsville, Texas and use it there.

My wife says we will be able to bake about a 12 in pizza in the oven. When you come to Mexico, do not limit your search for a stove to Wallmart, I have seen them in hardware stores and in appliance stores. If you want one, I am going to the States the end of next month. They are packed pretty well and should ship OK.

I used to live in Bayside and worked in Eureka (Winzler and Kelly). Loved it, however I left to finish college and never got back there. Mexico is great and the freadom is the best. There are just about no rules. Sometimes that is bad, but most of the time it is good.

kai
mexican tear
Donating Member

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 07, 2004 4:06 pm

Hey Kai,
I used to work at K & M Glass Co. before I went out on my own about ten years ago. If you worked for Winzler & Kelly from 1980-1994, we worked right across the street from one another. The world might even be smaller than that too, because if you lived in a Pierson style house in Bayside, my dad probably built it back in the 50's.
Hey, Thanks for the pizza info, I'm a single dad and my kids are insisting on an oven to bake pizza's while camping.

Postby mexican tear » Sat Aug 07, 2004 4:14 pm

Dean in Eureka, CA

I Worked for W&K from 1979 to 1982. I was big into the kinetic sculpture race, "The Sewer Rat". I lived in Jacoby Creak, with a Bayside address.

I worked on all of the sewage and fresh water plants in the area. I was the local computer guy. They were not as sophicated as they are today.

We are in the process of aquiring the rights to the "Federal Zone" in front of our house. It is the federal land between our house and the beach. I hope to try and organize some kind of gathering on the beach.

kai
mexican tear
Donating Member

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 07, 2004 4:34 pm

Kai,
I went to your house a couple of times and got some info on chrome-moly tubing and gearing from you! As I remember, you lived on or near Plunket Rd. Remember that last race they had during Easter weekend before switching the race to Memorial weekend? (The year Crab Park just about got washed out to sea)
You complimented me after we did the bay crossing, I was on the MASH Unit Machine that year. I stared out on the Yellow Submarine with my brother Donnie, then got involved with the MASH Program, then I did the Kinetic Chicken, followed by the Right Bros.
I spent about ten "blury" years doing that race.
Dale Olson (Grandpa's Flying Machine) talked me into coming out of retirement a couple of times and during my final kinetic race, him and I got into an intense discusion crossing the bay. When we got over to the south spit, he took a swing at me, so I quit him on the spot. He still has a resentment over that, to this day.

Postby mexican tear » Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:39 pm

Dean in Eureka, CA

"Small world ain't it" Send me a picture of yourself at my e-mail address [email protected] . Yes I did live on plunket Rd. As I know I do, I do not look the same as you can see in my photos. That is me welding and my "adopted" son helping on the grinding and cleaning of the trailer.

WOW it is a small world

kai
mexican tear
Donating Member

Postby JamesW » Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:45 pm

[quote="mexican tear"]Dean in Eureka, CA

My wife says we will be able to bake about a 12 in pizza in the oven. When you come to Mexico, do not limit your search for a stove to Wallmart, I have seen them in hardware stores and in appliance stores. If you want one, I am going to the States the end of next month. They are packed pretty well and should ship OK.

I may be interested in one of those stoves. Do you have any specs on them? If you are willing to send one my way, please let me know...... :lol:
JamesW
Teardrop Master

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 07, 2004 7:41 pm

Kai,
I never would have imagined that I would reconnect with a fellow kinetic pilot from the past, here on this board. Yaa, this world is a small place sometimes, pretty amazing too.
Do you still have all your pilots wings and ace awards?
Here's a shot of me and my kids. (Hope this works)
Do you remember this mug now?

Hey, I just saw a picture of you with your welding helmet on, it's in your personal folder here. You haven't changed any that I can tell, still look like that same Ol' Sewer Rat!
So where are you heading when you come back to the states?

Postby mexican tear » Sat Aug 07, 2004 10:35 pm

James W.
I will scan in the manual for the stove tomorrow amd post it in my photos on yahoo. yea I can bring one if we can find a way to get the cash back at me.

Dean in Eureka, CA
Yea I still have my things, in fact I just broke out a box of stuff to show my Mexican friend what the race was all about. I remember you, I do not know when we will be up that way. Maybe we can meet in the middle some day after I get my TD finished.

It is past my bed time, you know us old forks have to get our beauty rest, infact I need my rest to work on the TD.

kai
mexican tear
Donating Member

Postby JamesW » Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:17 pm

Thanks! I will take a look at the manual tomorrow and decide. Do you have a PAYPAL account? That would be a very easy way to send you the money if I decide I want it after reading the manual.
JamesW
Teardrop Master

Next

Return to General Discussion