Calling for 10 year and longer members

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Re: Calling for 10 year and longer members

Postby Larwyn » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:16 pm

I joined Jun 20, 2004 so there are lots of familiar names on this thread!

I haven''t been around the forum much for the last few years, my TD is no longer around but I am still hanging in there thanks to my wife and the VA. I just decided to check in today to see if any of the old timers were still around and found this thread quite appropriate.

I mostly putter around in my woodworking/welding/home brew/leather working shop these days, and do volunteer work helping with the sets for the local community theater. That, and an acre and a half of yard with over 50 trees keeps me busy. :beer:
Larwyn

Keeper of the Most Out Of Control Shop (2005)

I feel bad for the man that cannot spell a word more than one way. Mark Twain
Larwyn
Mad Kilted Texan

Postby Nobody » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:01 pm

Darn Larwyn, I've missed your posts. Have often thought of you last couple of years, & wondered if you were still around. Glad you're still checkin' in... :thumbsup:
Harvey -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Doing the right thing ain't always easy but, . . . it's always right!
Nobody
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby robfisher » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:47 pm

Larwyn wrote:I joined Jun 20, 2004 so there are lots of familiar names on this thread!

I haven''t been around the forum much for the last few years, my TD is no longer around but I am still hanging in there thanks to my wife and the VA. I just decided to check in today to see if any of the old timers were still around and found this thread quite appropriate.

I mostly putter around in my woodworking/welding/home brew/leather working shop these days, and do volunteer work helping with the sets for the local community theater. That, and an acre and a half of yard with over 50 trees keeps me busy. :beer:

Larwyn, I am so happy you checked in today. I miss your posts as well. Glad to know you are still on this planet.
robfisher
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Fenlason » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:58 am

robfisher wrote:
Larwyn wrote:I joined Jun 20, 2004 so there are lots of familiar names on this thread!

Larwyn, I am so happy you checked in today. I miss your posts as well. Glad to know you are still on this planet.

Ditto :thumbsup:
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby PaulC » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:57 pm

I much preferred the avatar of you in that "dress" thing Larwyn 8) 8)
Cheers
Paul :thumbsup:
Time is the only real capital we have. Money you can replace but time you cannot.
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

Postby Betsey » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:45 pm

12+ years - April 2004 for this forum. Have been on other teardrop forums since 2000.

Still pop into this one and occasionally post. Life & teardrops keep us busy!

Betsey & Craig
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Fenlason » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:18 pm

PaulC wrote:

I much preferred the avatar of you in that "dress" thing Larwyn 8) 8)
Cheers

:rofl2: :thumbsup:
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby b.bodemer » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:52 am

Still visiting even though I'm no longer a teardrop owner. Gave my little Simple Rimple to a kayak friend and now enjoy traveling in my custom coach.

It's always fun to talk "teardrop" when I see one in camp.

Barb
b.bodemer
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby NoNeck » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:05 pm

I've been a member since 2006 when I was first planning to build but I never did. Family and life just got in the way but I have never let the dream die...….NEWSFLASH!!!!!! I JUST ORDERED MY TRAILER FOR MY FIRST BUILD!!!!! I'm gonna build a simple or rimple since its only me and my wife now. My kids are both grown and out of the house and I finally convinced my wife its not "like sleeping in a coffin"! I'll try to do a build thread but right now I gotta get a lifetime of crap out of my garage!
Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.
NoNeck
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Sparksalot » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:48 am

Ten years? I just arrived.
Holy cow, Rose is a teenager now! Done? Surely you jest. A teardrop is never "done".

The Compass Rose build thread: viewtopic.php?t=23213

Inspiration: http://tnttt.com/Design_Library/Trailer%20for%20Two.htm

It's got a cop motor, a 5.3 LS plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. ~ Elwood Blues
Sparksalot
Silver Donating Member

Postby starleen2 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:29 am

Just checking in. . . . joined date Sat May 12, 2007
it's been a while since I have posted, but with an increase in responsibility (job) comes less time for other activities. We are still building small campers, but now with grandkids!
Since joining, we have built at least 10 tiny campers! Thanks for all the help you have given us. :thumbsup:
starleen2
5th Teardrop Club

Postby cleave » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:30 pm

I joined Wed May 19, 2004. That's a while ago although I haven't posted since 2012 before today. I posted in the "For Sale" section as I'm selling my 5x10 homebuilt.
cleave
Teardrop Master

Postby dmb90260 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:20 am

Joined May 12, 2004. Sold my teardrop years ago and moved to a vintage trailer. There is enough crossover between the two to keep me interested and there are enough discussion lines
of interest to me. Now I also follow things to help advise a friend who is trying to follow her own teardrop dream. I check back most days, it is sad to see the decline in activity but it ain't dead yet. :?
Dennis
Join the Kenskill Karavan at:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/kenskill_karavan/
Real Men cook with Black Iron
The Buzz In the Dale: The Buzz In The Dale
dmb90260
Titanium Donating Member

Postby Socal Tom » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:36 am

Looks like I joined in 2008, but didn’t get a TD until 2012, and my fist post wasn’t until 2012.
Socal Tom
Donating Member

Postby PaulC » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:21 pm

slowcowboy wrote:And after 10 years my gramers still a good read! Thimbs up Slow..

:lol: :lol: Well said Mike.

Cheers
Time is the only real capital we have. Money you can replace but time you cannot.
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion